Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I came across this and seems like a great way to keep an eye on tire pressure without having to always manually check. Anyone here have any experience with this or anything similar?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
5,512 Posts
I put these on my bike this season. Seems to work fine. Pressure matches that of my gauge. Super easy to open the app and see that the tire pressure is good. No noticeable effect on balance (I am just using the caps as I have metal valve stems).

·
Registered
69 Posts
Your link seems over priced as from Fobo they're only 100USD - FOBO

(+ $20 for priority shipping)

I ordered them in 'no rush' mode and still waiting for them to arrive..

So, haven't used them yet. I am planning to use them after going tubeless conversion.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Just to follow up, I got my FOBO2 in this weekend, and while I have been super busy I did throw them on my tiger 800. The setup was easy-peasy, they are reading the same pressure as my pressure gauge.

Obviously, I can't speak to the durability factor, and the anti-theft nut is plastic, so.. Although I really doubt many people will try ripping these off and if they do, will probably give up rather than pull out a small needle file to get the nut off.

My only complaint so far is the App requires a lot of permissions for something I just want my tire pressure read by. But it does seem to be working well.

·
Super Moderator
5,512 Posts
I agree with ras regarding the app...I decline the permissions. There's no need for FOBO to track where I go.

·
Premium Member
1,045 Posts
I agree with ras regarding the app...I decline the permissions. There's no need for FOBO to track where I go.
i guess i will stay old skool and just use the old gauge as part of the pre-ride ritual checklist.

·
Registered
4,109 Posts
Oh - that's Canadian dollars - only $99 US
My buddy put these on his Tiger and is so pleased with it, checking it all the time. In general he is a Luddite with most modern tech toys so maybe this is his gateway drug. I don't see the value but maybe one track day I will borrow them to check the tire temp vs pressure, I would be curious about that.

US

·
Premium Member
1,045 Posts
Oh - that's Canadian dollars - only $99 US
My buddy put these on his Tiger and is so pleased with it, checking it all the time. In general he is a Luddite with most modern tech toys so maybe this is his gateway drug. I don't see the value but maybe one track day I will borrow them to check the tire temp vs pressure, I would be curious about that.

US
i could see this being useful for track days.

·
Super Moderator
5,512 Posts
i guess i will stay old skool and just use the old gauge as part of the pre-ride ritual checklist.
I still use the FOBO units and like them! I just go through the extra step of declining the permissions when the app asks. Great TPS units so far!

·
Registered
69 Posts
@RockAZ for me, I'm planning to convert my Tiger800, and possibly my GT1000, to tubeless using the sealant and tape so I think this constant monitoring adds a sense of security in that if one starts to fail I'll have a little early warning system...

@mlukason is also correct, on Android you can disable some of the permissions, as well as disable the features altogether to keep the app from getting all big-brothery.. I just wish the defaults were to be limited in scope.

·
Registered
4,109 Posts
Does the sealant and tape method still allow you to true the spokes? I suppose you could reapply both if you need to replace a broken spoke

·
Registered
8 Posts
When i originally looked at it a few days ago, i saw that it was going to the canadian amazon site. When i looked at same item on the US site, it was $99 plus shipping.

·
Registered
2017 Ducati Multistrada 950, 2018 Desert Sled
284 Posts

I have purchased three sets for three bike and used them for the past 3 years. No issues. I like it also has a temp sensor so you can see the tire pressure rise with the internal temp. I has a slow leak and saw the pressure holding steady but the temp rising. I think it is a great tool for 55$ and no tracking. I think the app is unnecessary and a waste of money IMHO.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I have purchased three sets for three bike and used them for the past 3 years. No issues. I like it also has a temp sensor so you can see the tire pressure rise with the internal temp. I has a slow leak and saw the pressure holding steady but the temp rising. I think it is a great tool for 55$ and no tracking. I think the app is unnecessary and a waste of money IMHO.
but.. but you'll NEVER be able to share your tire pressures to instagram with that! :eek:

j/k

Wish I would have seen this before, I would have used it on the tiger for sure. I might still go Fobo for a bike like my gt1000 because i want it to not have much junk on it..

·
Registered
2017 Ducati Multistrada 950, 2018 Desert Sled
284 Posts
Actual I can! Easy as can be. Open Instagram. Tap camera. Take pic of CAREUD pressures.

Upload! 😂

1 - 16 of 16 Posts