Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As my new 1260 is my second Multi (a 2010 1200 S was the first), I am not going to fuss on the windscreen issues (noise/buffeting) ... but I will pose a question to the collective hive mind here:
has anyone figured out how to get the Ducati MMS Bluetooth to allow all of the connected devices to work correctly?

And by all of the connected devices, I am specifically referring to what I am trying to get paired up:
  • 2018 Multi 1260 S
  • Garmin Zumo 395LM
  • iPhone 8
  • Cardo Palktalk Bold
I will not bore the group with listing the many pairing configurations I have tried, as they all failed to allow the iPhone usage of Siri ... but I will advise that I can get the iPhone and Siri to work properly when paired only with the Packlatk Bold. but, when I try and pair the Garmin, it breaks the Siri usage.

First world problem, for sure ... but infuriating nonetheless ... so if anyone has got this unholy group of 4 devices to pair up and still all work properly, please do advise.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
3,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
update from yesterday ...

i tried using the garmin Zumo 395 as the "hub" for all bluetooth. i have the iPhone 8 and the Cardo Packtalk Bold paired to the Garmin. once i figured out where Garmin had buried the phone interface in the apps screen (not up near the top ... no ... way down towards the bottom, thanks a lot Garmin) ... all seem to work well ... with exception of music streaming from the iPhone to the Cardo Packtalk Bold, through the Garmin. oh well ... first world problems, eh?

i will continue to futz around with various settings, but for now, i am happier than i was yesterday with the Bluetooth.

·
Registered
3,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
After more futzing around over the weekend, I believe I managed to get the Bluetooth between iPhone 8, Garmin Zumo 395LM and Cardo Packtalk Bold all sorted out.

1 - completely bypass the Ducati MMS.

2 - set up Cardo Packtalk Bold Bluetooth channel 1 to iPhone 8

3 - set up Cardo Packtalk Bold Bluetooth channel 2 to Garmin Zumo 395LM

4 - do NOT pair iPhone 8 to Garmin Zumo 395LM

Now, all (including the Cardo Connect iPhone app) seem to work fine ... I even got a 32gb micro SD card loaded with a bunch of MP3s loaded into the Garmin Zumo 395LM to work using the media player to the Cardo Packtalk Bold headset.

So ... the ONLY thing I have not tried to sort out on top of the above ... the Ducati Link iPhone app, as I will need to pair the iPhone 8 to the Ducati MMS ... and at this point, I don't believe I will risk breaking what seems to be working, for the very small benefit of recording riding data from the MMS, and being able to adjust modes using the DucatiLink app rather than using the TFT dash.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Blows my mind that Ducati still hasn't figured out the MMS. I had similar problems with the MMS on the '15 I owned, then had similar problems on my MV TVL. I'm thinking it'll be next generation of the MMS that'll actually work the way it's advertised.

Glad you got it sorted @johnchypermotard, let's hope Ducati figure it out at some point. I've not heard anyone saying good things about these phone control integrations on any bike, though, not just Ducati's.

·
Registered
59 Posts
@johnchypermotard - wondering if you were able to pair only the phone to the Ducati MMS. i just had my '15 updated for bluetooth, but hesitant to pair anything to it for fear of breaking my existing phone/cardo setup (i no longer use a stand-alone gps).

i really only want to see what the Ducati app will offer - looks like some fun info. displaying any music track info and calls on the dash would be an added bonus. i do NOT want to pair my card to the bike, given the reviews/trouble other owners have noted.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Glad to see I’m not alone. I have a Shoei and XS Max. A couple of times I’ve had all connected, synced but that’s all and when it worked it was nice to be able to use the system how your supposed to be able to. But I’ve given up and said f**k it. I get my phone and Shoei connected and go and ride.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Glad to see I’m not alone. ... I get my phone and Shoei connected and go and ride.
Yep. I'm a geek and am OCD about getting things to work like they're supposed to, but the Ducati MMS defeated me (specifically the inability to control volume).
Much easier to do direct from phone to helmet and say the hell with it all. It's the worst implementation of technology I have ever paid for.

·
Registered
725 Posts
I found that the Ducati works best as the hub where no other devices are paired with each other.

·
Premium Member
256 Posts
The Scala G9x headset supports 100% functionality with the MMS (including volume control)!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts