Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Has anyone managed to get the volume controls working via bluetooth yet with their iPhone? Everything else seems to be working fine but the volume is the only feature I actually wanted to use!

Or is it just never gonna happen?

·
Registered
250 Posts
Depends on your headset, not your phone. Some of the Cardo headsets, and the Ducati headset which is a rebranded Cardo, support volume control via handlebar controls. If you've got a Sena, you're out of luck.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I have a Sena no luck with any controls on the bike. But at least it gives me caller ID etc on the dash

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
177 Posts
I just use the jog wheel on my sena for volume, not a whole lot more work than using the handlebar controls, tbh

The whole multimedia system on the Multi is a bit of a trainwreck

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey guys, my question was only in regards to an iPhone for playing music. I don’t use any headsets. Just iPhone with custom moulded earphones connected. All I’m trying to achieve is to adjust the volume of the music via blue tooth using the up down switchblock.

·
Registered
177 Posts
According to the manual, Hold up on the menu button for 2 seconds to select the music player, then you should be able to use menu up/down for volume.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah, that’s what isn’t working... i can toggle between + and - on the music player but it does not change when holding the menu button...

·
Registered
16 Posts
It works fine for me on my cheap Chinese headset. I don't think the Iphone allows for volume control via BT. I could be mistaken though.

·
Registered
3 Posts
my not totaly uneducated guess:

an inexpensive chinese motorcycle with bluetooth connectivity plus volume control on the handlebar with an iPhone that can connect - that would work ;)

perhaps only after a month or so...

... now for how long ducati offers this "i'm your humble bluetooth host"?

SCNR

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hey guys, my question was only in regards to an iPhone for playing music. I don’t use any headsets. Just iPhone with custom moulded earphones connected. All I’m trying to achieve is to adjust the volume of the music via blue tooth using the up down switchblock.
G'Day mate, I am running a similar setup to you. The work around, avenue that I have taken is to mount my iPhone with a Quadlock on the bars (LHS). I can then just use the rockers on the phone to control the music volume (input) and the Sena Jog Wheel for the actual comms volume level.
I have only recently moved to moulded earplugs, and I can say that I am enjoying my riding ten fold due to their performance. For a base line, my iPhone music volume is no more than 33%, and my Sena is no louder than 50% tops!!
I know this doesn't help you out, in relation to the bluetooth question, but it is how I got to where I am. Best outcome for the situation. I guess bluetooth volume control via the bike is a bridge too far... :confused:

Mike
(Perth)

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
G'Day mate, I am running a similar setup to you. The work around, avenue that I have taken is to mount my iPhone with a Quadlock on the bars (LHS). I can then just use the rockers on the phone to control the music volume (input) and the Sena Jog Wheel for the actual comms volume level.
I have only recently moved to moulded earplugs, and I can say that I am enjoying my riding ten fold due to their performance. For a base line, my iPhone music volume is no more than 33%, and my Sena is no louder than 50% tops!!
I know this doesn't help you out, in relation to the bluetooth question, but it is how I got to where I am. Best outcome for the situation. I guess bluetooth volume control via the bike is a bridge too far... :confused:

Mike
(Perth)
Thanks for that ... belated reply here... Ive found that if I use the soundcheck function on my iphone, everything plays back pretty much at the same volume so its kinda all good. Yeah, those moulded earphones are awesome, the sound quality is actually pretty good. The bluetooth works for toggling tracks so its not a bad outcome over all. I'm with you on enjoying riding more with quality sound... mainly on the straight boring bits...when its time to tuck in with my mates in the twisties I still prefer the silence of earplugs though...

·
Premium Member
259 Posts
Thanks for that ... belated reply here... Ive found that if I use the soundcheck function on my iphone, everything plays back pretty much at the same volume so its kinda all good. Yeah, those moulded earphones are awesome, the sound quality is actually pretty good. The bluetooth works for toggling tracks so its not a bad outcome over all. I'm with you on enjoying riding more with quality sound... mainly on the straight boring bits...when its time to tuck in with my mates in the twisties I still prefer the silence of earplugs though...
The handlebar volume controls will only work via Bluetooth to a Bluetooth headset. The only headset that I have found that works perfectly is the Scala G9x. I've tried three different Sena headsets with no luck. It's strange that the Bluetooth comms is so specific and limited. You would think it should work with any headset that is Bluetooth A2DP compatible.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts