Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Sounds like one of those places that turns "On Any Sunday" upside down.
Any day BUT Sunday. Also maybe not Saturday, def not holidays.
We have some of those here. 0:)

·
Hammer Down
1,632 Posts
And not too much over the speed limit - it's under federal jurisdiction. I don't think they issue points for speeding violations but they will give you a monetary fine.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I have been stopped on the Trace and on the Parkway and both times, after a little lecture, we talked about motorcycles and bicycles, now I was under 60 mph, might have been a different deal over 85 mph, and you do see that and up, especially on the rare passing sections.

·
Retired Pipe Polisher C2H6O+
18,842 Posts
Exactly. Having fun and going stupid fast are way different. It’s not a place you want to go stupid fast anyway. It’s way to beautiful for that.

But on holidays when there are multitudes of tree huggers clogging it up like a 30 mph rolling case of constipation it can suck.

I’ve experienced both good and bad. It’s still one of the best rides going east of the big muddy river.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Premium Member
3,757 Posts
We generally go during the week and in the morning and it's like we have the road to ourselves. Even so... it's not really a shenanigans road, to go fast enough to really have fun would put you 30-40 over... not worth it.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Like you said Dave, you got the place to yourself before noon, during the week sometimes you can be alone much of the day.

Exception is the area just north of Pisgah to the other side of Asheville, a number of drivers use that section to commute on but by the time you are at Bull Gap it is empty again.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts