Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just rode my new 05 999 home today. It had 639 miles on it. I didn't know anything about the breakin RPM limits except that the bike had passed the 1000KM point. After getting it home and turning some RPMs I resd the manual and found that I that I should not have exceeded 7000RPM. I think that I did and I have noticed that the RPM limit light blinks when the bike is turned off.
Can't find anything in the manual about this. What is this light telling me?

·
Super Moderator
8,215 Posts
I know a clusterLED blinks orange to show that the immobilizer is active.. But since I´m not sure about what light you mean.. Maybe you can describe it?

//amullo

·
Registered
128 Posts
cyclebrain said:
Just rode my new 05 999 home today. It had 639 miles on it. I didn't know anything about the breakin RPM limits except that the bike had passed the 1000KM point. After getting it home and turning some RPMs I resd the manual and found that I that I should not have exceeded 7000RPM. I think that I did and I have noticed that the RPM limit light blinks when the bike is turned off.
Can't find anything in the manual about this. What is this light telling me?
Is it the triangle light on top of the Tach....I believe thats normal it lets you know your bike was just ran....Did you look in the owners Manual? Mine does the same...But I have taken it to the dealership im already at 11500M in 1 year...

·
comrade moderator
26,852 Posts
The blinking red triangle at the top of the tach is the immobilizer lamp. If the bike has over 600 miles on it, it's broke in. Ride it like you stole it!

·
Registered
2,441 Posts
at 600 miles you rings are seated,but your bike is not fully broken in.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Make sure you change the oil if it has not been done yet. You want all the debry out of the engine before you "squeeze" the ponnies.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts