Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Got home from a spirited ride and noticed my right pant leg and shoe splattered with some sort of oil... instected the bike and discovered oil spray all over the right lower engine case, rear set and exhaust head pipe. Then because I was now on the kickstand oil started to pool on the front wheel rim, there was also evidence of splatter all over the caliper and rotor.

Seems odd that I didnt notice this while I was riding. And I feel lucky nothing really bad happend:eek:

·
Registered
3,070 Posts
glad to read that the leaking fork oil did not cause any issues with the front brake pads ... that could have been not so much fun. :eek:

replacing the fork seals is not too difficult once you have the forks removed from the bike.

that will also be a great time to replace the stock fork oil. when i replaced the fork oil in my hyper, there was a big discrepency in the fluid level between forks.

Got home from a spirited ride and noticed my right pant leg and shoe splattered with some sort of oil... instected the bike and discovered oil spray all over the right lower engine case, rear set and exhaust head pipe. Then because I was now on the kickstand oil started to pool on the front wheel rim, there was also evidence of splatter all over the caliper and rotor.

Seems odd that I didnt notice this while I was riding. And I feel lucky nothing really bad happend:eek:

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
23,000 Klix on the bike, yeah I will be changing the oil and weight to 5
This sux because just a week ago I had the forks off as I was re-installing the newly powdercoated tripples etc.

Any reasonable aftermarket options for the seals?

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Not bad indeed. You're lucky you don't have the 48mm Kayaba forks. If I remember correctly, the seals for those cost $60 a piece :eek:

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Not bad indeed. You're lucky you don't have the 48mm Kayaba forks. If I remember correctly, the seals for those cost $60 a piece :eek:
Hmmm, now that I think about it maybe the fleebay find is a bit too cheep. Can anyone tell me if they are the correct seals for the 1100s Zokes and if thease are any good?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts