Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

Bleh... first casualty

4K views 14 replies 11 participants last post by  kope999R 
#1 ·
Cracked the right side mirror/turn signal.

Suggestions on alternates, or best place to buy? Damn thing is soooo fragile :-(

Appreciate the help.

#3 ·
Damn thing is soooo fragile :-(
You got that right. My fault but mine rolled off the side stand in a flat parking lot. First time this has happened, with any bike...ever! I'm pissed at myself for not being sure the side stand was all the way forward but I'm also pissed that this thing is so fragile. Good luck to y'all that take it off road!

Here's what I get to replace:
Left hand guard
Left mirror
Left half tank cover
Left body panel
Right hand guard (go figure since it fell on it's left side. Whip lash I guess broke the brake rez tab off)

All this will be about $13-1400

Attachments

#5 ·
Man that blows.... And here I was feeling bad about cracking the handguard.

Far as I know you can only buy the whole thing (ala handguard and turn signal) :-(

Turn signal works and all that - just don't like having it on there! Nothing more fun than every time you park someone says, "Whadja doo to the turnsignal?"

#13 · (Edited)
Far as I know you can only buy the whole thing (ala handguard and turn signal) :-(
Luckily...they are available seperately.

Part # is 460.2.385.1a left w/o turnsignal
460.2.384.1a right w/o turnsignal

The price is only $22.99 each but my dlr said Ducati just raised all part prices so who knows what it'll be. The dlr didn't say that I have to get the signal and guard together. The "biggy" is the painted parts which is nearly $600 for the little tank half cover that split in half and $300+ for the back body panel.:eek:

One other comment about "fragility". When the handle bars came in (left toward the bike)...the force from the fall (remember...this is only falling off the kick stand on flat ground) was enough that the energy of the bar stopping (I guess) snapped off the tab that holds the brake rez...and that side was the one that was "up"...the right side. If that ain't fragile...I don't know what is!:(

Oh...and adding insult to injury...my helmet was on the bike when I was getting un-geared and it hit the pavement when the bike fell. At lease it wasn't as fukked up as the bike.

#8 ·
Agreed - frame sliders were/are on it.

Unfortunately a slow speed panic stop resulted in the tip over... fought it all the way to the ground so damage was very minor. Still seems too durned fragile to be a viable hand guard.

Thanks for the offer on the mirrors, but it's not the mirror I need.

#7 ·
GUYS!!! OWIE!!! Stop abusing your Italian princesses will ya!?!?

Sorry to hear about your troubles. If it helps, I'll sell you my OEM mirrors cheap. Looks like Harring10 needs a right and Buckeye needs a left. Perfect! Mine don't have a scratch on them because I put on the DP mirrors w/ integrated turn signals a while ago. Shoot me a PM if you want them.

-SM

#14 ·
I promise...it wasn't intentional. In fact...I think she is the one that's abusing me!!!:eek:

Thanks for the mirror offer, SM. A day late though. I got into a bit of a verbal tiff with my dlr yesterday since he wasn't connecting with my sense of urgency since I've got a CO trip coming up. After some not-so-good-natured banter...he's got the stuff coming and it's due Thursday or Friday. If the delivery happens that fast, I'll be pleasantly SHOCKED!

#10 ·
For what it's worth, I had the heavy throttlemeisters and side bags on and tipped it on both sides from a stand still, not a mark was left on the bike except for the unpainted black plastic on the sidebags and a scuff on the throttlemeisters. Non of the handguards/ mirror assembly reached the ground.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.