Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bike is a 749s. any other remedy for this aside from buying a whole new assy? Thanks in advance.:confused:

·
Premium Member
838 Posts
Are you talking about that little screw with the 6mm head that is inside the reservior? If so, you can purchase this as a separate part. It's about $20. I am assuming that you have the radial master.

·
Premium Member
1,059 Posts
Call Yoyodyne and order the bleeder screw for the fixing screw (below)
as well as the Fixing Screw (10.8101.10 -SKU 105.4424.85) itself if you cant get to broken bleeder out of it.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yes that's exactly it! thanks

briang...can't seem to find it in their website.

·
Premium Member
1,059 Posts
Are you l;ooking for this:

Bleeder Valve for Brembo Brakes: Steel --- $3.99

I don't think so.... at least the one in my 2005 999S doesn't look like that. It has a square cross-section with the taper machined into the bottom for the bleed-seat. It bleeds fluid past the exterior of itself, back into the integral reservoir in which it sits.

·
Premium Member
1,059 Posts
yes that's exactly it! thanks

briang...can't seem to find it in their website.
on this page: http://www.yoyodyneti.com/Category.aspx?CategoryID=3014

the "fixing screw" is the third pic from the bottom of the page. It is what holds the reservoir to the master cylinder casting and the bleed screw goes into it. You might have some fun gettin this piece off because you would normally fit an Allen Key into the hole that the bleed screw occupies, to unscrew it.

There is no pic of the bleed screw. Just call and talk to them. They know their stuff and will get you the right piece. This won't be new to them as this piece breaks frequently.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks BrianG. & everyone You're right on the money on what I'm talking about.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts