Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Short of some dyno time this week, a little clean up of the wiring and installation of a few tiny billet bits (NCR cam covers and CNC racing sprocket carrier), SHES DONE!

The parts details are as follows...

Build details for 2007 Ducati IL MOSTRO 1080CR
ENGINE:
Fast By Ferracci 1080 11:1 compression big bore pistons manufactured by Wisco in Cleveland.
Cylinders rebored and nikosil plated by Millennium Technologies
Ducati Performance race camshafts
Crank balanced, knife edged and polished by Fox Performance
Primary Gears lightened
Flywheel lightened by Fox Performance
Ducati Performance ergal timing belt pulleys w/lightened mounting plates from Fast Frank Racing
Speedymoto timing belt covers refinished to match the engine
Ducabike Slipper clutch w/polished Speedymoto springs and Dukabike “RACE” clutch pack
Ducabike 30mm slave cylinder
Ducati Performance/NCR Magnesium engine case covers
Speedymoto Sellwood pressure plate cover paint matched to the magnesium covers
Ducati Performance/NCR Magnesium valve covers
NCR billet camshaft inspection covers
CNC Racing billet crank case valveless breather w/K&N filter
TPO BEAST “R” billet velocity stacks with K&N conical filters (air box removal kit)
TPO Titanium internal hardware throughout
KTM oil cooler treated with black heat dissipating paint
Heads and cylinders were glass bead blasted and refinished in high temperature, heat dissipating paint. All external hardware replaced with hand polished stainless steel. All internal bearings and seals replaced with OEM parts.

DRIVE TRAIN:
Driven brand 14 tooth lightened front sprocket
TPO Titanium counter shaft nut
Speedymoto sprocket cover refinished to match engine
D.I.D. 525 gold O-ring chain
CNC Racing billet rear sprocket carrier and sprocket
CNC Racing billet sprocket nuts

SUSPENSION/BRAKES
Ohlins FG811/511 1098R superbike forks
Custom made Speedymoto billet triple tree assembly- to accommodate larger diameter tubes.
Brembo radial mount billet mono-block front brake calipers from Ducati 1098R
Brembo rear caliper from Ducati 1098R
Custom Speigler brake and clutch lines
EBC Race Lite front and rear rotors
EBC brake pads
Sachs rear mono shock-spring powder coated
LSL side mount steering damper with mounts painted to match the frame
Brake rotors, caliper mounting and all pinch bolts replaced with TPO Titanium bits, all hydraulic fluids replaced with ATE Super Blue housed in Rizoma billet reservoirs.

HAND CONTROLS:
Brembo/Ducati 1098R brake and clutch masters
ASV C5 shorty levers
Speedymoto “Superbike” clip ons with custom made carbon fiber handle bars.
Barracuda Retro Stone bar end mirrors custom machined to accommodate Oberon turn signals

FOOT CONTROLS:
Cycle Cat rear sets powder coated to match frame. (yet to be installed as some small parts were missing from the kit)
SSR GP reverse shifter

SEAT:
Stock seat shaved down, refitted with a layer of memory foam and custom quilted multi finished vinyl cover from The Upholstery Shop in Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio.

BODY/FRAME:
Bum stop- Hand rolled/welded aluminum custom made to mount to the stock solo cover points on the original seat pan. Started by Rock City Café Racers and finished locally by Import Specialties in Tallmadge, Ohio.
Tank-Two tone custom paint. Gloss black and dark graphite borrowed from the big brother Ducati Diavel. Ducati Performance fuel cap painted to match tank.
Manx style fairing with custom low profile fly screen by Legendary-Cycles
Ducati Performance carbon fiber front fender originally an optional part for Sport Classic/Paul Smart –Recoated with UV resistant clear.
Ducati MH900 fender hoop reworked and modified to fit Ohlins fork bottoms.
Ducati Performance carbon fiber rear “shorty” hugger-Recoated with UV resistant clear.
Frame- multiple braze ons and brackets shaved, café style rear hoop added with provisions for turn signals and tail light as well as internal wire routing. Frame was completely bead blasted and resprayed high gloss enamel black.
Stealth mounting plate for coils and regulator/rectifier to keep the rear free of wires
Swing arm powder coated satin black to match Ohlins fork bottoms.
Custom made side mount license plate holder
All pivot/pinch bolts replaced with TPO titanium hardware.
All frame modifications, plate mount and hidden regulator/rectifier relocation mount done by Kevin Murphy at Wrench Monkey Fab. Prep and all custom paint executed by Adam Young from Main Paint & Body, while all powder coating was done by ACE POWDER COATING. All reproduction retro style decals resized and made by SR Sign Design.

LIGHTING/ELECTRONICS:
Motowheels 7.5” headlight conversion with Lamin-x yellow film and 3k H.I.D. conversion
Micro L.E.D. rear turn signals (rear)
Oberon bar-end turn signals (front)
Ducati Performance ECU.
Custom fuel mapping via Power Commander V
Lightweight Ballistic brand Lithium ION Battery

EXHAUST:
2 into 1 header custom built by Hans at HMF Engineering and silenced by the GP can from Sparx

WHEELS/TIRES:
CNC Racing lightened aluminum front and rear wheel nuts
Marchesini 5 spoke wheels with ceramic bearings
Bridgestone BT016 Tires

...and the bike at Mods Vs Rockers Cleveland last weekend...

·
Premium Member
2,436 Posts
Awsome but can the girl take more cloths off??;)
Nice work, gotta lot going on with that pup, can't wait to see what you get off the dyno.

·
Premium Member
451 Posts
How did you go about the rear suspension mod. Was it a reasonable bolt on .. or a complete custom fabrication.

Any chance you could PM me some details, as I'm drooling.

BTW ... you not done, you need a gauge lowering bracket from Motowheels ... yours are sitting up way to high and taking away from those beautiful lines.

·
Premium Member
1,593 Posts
Great work dude. Any chance you could take some slightly better snaps, so I can post a proper feature on the Bike Shed? This bike is exactly what the Shed is all about.

You just need shots taken on a longer/telephoto (more than 50mm) lens (this reduces the wide-angle warp) and a cleaner background with plenty of natural light. I can grade the colours, re-touch and re-crop in Photoshop, but I'd need cleaner raw material to work with.

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
What an excellent excellent Build!

Impressive both in concept and execution. I'll bet it sounds awesome and goes like hell. And I don't have to tell you it's totally hot looking as well.

Congratulations on a unique and beautiful bike, job well done!

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
How did you go about the rear suspension mod. Was it a reasonable bolt on .. or a complete custom fabrication.

Any chance you could PM me some details, as I'm drooling.

BTW ... you not done, you need a gauge lowering bracket from Motowheels ... yours are sitting up way to high and taking away from those beautiful lines.

hahaha..ok guys...next time...She'll be naked!

Thank you for the compliments!

As far as the suspension...there are no mods other than powder coat...The Ohlins rear that I am yet to install is actually from an S4R and there is a little machining of the upper pivot, but thats it. The swing arm, shock (pictured) and linkage is all stock to the S2r1000.

Nick and Matt from Motowheels always take care of us. I just ordered the gauge relocation kit. I had made a custom mount for the gauges already that lowered them quite a bit, but I do agree with you that it needs to be lower yet...problem solved!

London...I'll take some high quality pics in the next night or so, I also have a couple paragraphs written for some publications that have requested more info as well. you can use whatever you desire.

I hope to see 105 at the rear wheel on the dyno..Our's shows stock DS1000 bikes @ 85 and we've had a few with some mods hit mid-upper 90s, but nothing that has what we did to mine...

My oil pressure has been jumping around a bit, so I ordered a new pump just to be safe. We've seen the pressure regulator valve fail on them before...Thats all I need is to blow up this engine on the Dyno!

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok, Motowheels cluster lowering kit installed (Thanks Nick)..I need to mention that it was never intended to be used without the U bracket...so those of you who are using a different headlight or mounting system for the headlight need to know there is a bit of modifying (and machining). I actually added some spacers to go up about 15mm as there just wasn't room for the Motowheels headlight.

But none the less...looks much better..

Sorry for the quick IPhone pic...

·
Premium Member
1,593 Posts
Flatter gauges look much better dude. Can't wait to see the next set of pics - and to read about your dyno results.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Ok, Motowheels cluster lowering kit installed (Thanks Nick)..I need to mention that it was never intended to be used without the U bracket...so those of you who are using a different headlight or mounting system for the headlight need to know there is a bit of modifying (and machining). I actually added some spacers to go up about 15mm as there just wasn't room for the Motowheels headlight.

But none the less...looks much better..

Sorry for the quick IPhone pic...
Good job man! Bike looks great! Good performance?

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Power Commander V and a custom map to be installed this week. Just for the hell of it we threw her up on the Dyno...Just reset the TPS...no actual tuning or throttle body syncing yet and she is running SUPER LEAN (so lean I don't want to ride her)...but that being said, NO O2 bypass or any tuning we pulled a 92.7HP and about 76FPT. For comparison, our dyno usually shows a stock DS1000 at 85 HP. About what I expected...My tech is pretty confident that we'll gain 10-13hp with the right map...

As soon as I get it, I'll post pics of the print out!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts