Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Sophomore Member
2,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife crashed her 796 yesterday on Cherohala. :( I expect that insurance will total it out. I am playing around with the idea of buying it back to part it out if the price is right. I don't think it will be financially worth it to try and fix it if they total it out. The forks are toast. The pegs are gone, shifter lever is gone, rash all along the left side. The triple tree is heavily damaged. So my question is: if there any interest in parts off of the bike? Anybody on here trying to rebuild a hyper and needing parts? With such a limited volume of the bike, I'm not sure if parting it out is possible. I'm just throwing out some feelers to see if feasible. I hate the idea of a perfectly good engine among other things going to waste.

·
Sophomore Member
2,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The wife is good. She has a few cracked ribs, but otherwise is ok. She is definitely sore today. Being Mother's Day, today has been all about her... just not in the way she might like it. We took a truck to retrieve the bike from a gas station near the crash (thanks Thunder Mountain!). On the plus side, she wants to get back to riding ASAP. What does she want to replace this 796? Another, but in red.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts