Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Black Supersports.

Several different combinations of colors (wheels, trim, frames, etc). Simple paint jobs to professional paint jobs.

Image #5 is really nice, just black and silver. Wheels look superb.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Of those pictures pics 1 & 4 I vote for looks to be the same bike--buts just me

·
Registered
477 Posts
You know me I lean toward leaving them as stock as possible, I only do things that are quick and easy to reverse, and for Gods sake always save the original parts so when and if you sell the bike you have the parts to go with the bike so the new owner can decide whether to put it back to stock or leave it alone. but that's just my opo lol

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Excellent!

There is something majestic about a black motorcycle. Especially when tastefully done. Exudes confidence.

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Damn that black and champagne frame looks classy AF. I have a champagne frame...and will be doing a new color.

Hmmmmmm that looks ultra good

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Sure does! I'll be changing the front end (fairing) on my own 900CR, it ships unpainted in black gel coat which requires painting. I'm also looking HARD at a Superlight tailpiece. Changing the front and rear bodywork creates an opportunity to go black. I'm a bit reluctant only because the fuel tank would need to be painted black, and on my particular bike the stock red paint is in "A Minus" condition. I'm uneasy about possibly losing resale value by painting the tank .... then again I may just suck it up and go for it.

Imagine this bike in black with the champagne frame (which is what my bike already has). Note the minifairing and the Superlight styled tailpiece .....

·
Registered
477 Posts
It's just paint mate --it can always be repainted back to red--and with everything you are doing to the bike it's not going to be a 100 point original anyway--If your bike was a 100 point bike when you got it I would say leave it alone, if not go for it

·
Registered
501 Posts
The Kaemianinanennena (however you say it) tail is on my wish list, it's not that expensive and comes with the seat cushions. You'll need to source an 888 tailight, and I'm not sure what else. I'm not sure how "bolt on" it is. I have ZERO ability to fabricate anything really, beyond drilling holes in light metals that I can cut with snips technology, so I'm worried it will sit on the shelf FOREVER. In which case............the EASIEST thing to do, even if in my opinion it looks a bit chunky, is the Superlight Tail.

For my project, it's a shitty CR right who cares. I just want to make it look as "modern" as is resonable, certain things date it in my opinion, like the overly chunky tail. The idiot light dash (id like 2nd gen dash). The integrated turn signals. And I'm always torn on the square headlight, in no way shape or form will I change that to something odd. It looks very old, and I haven't looked hard enough at modern square lights. The headlight looks quite good on "Number Plate" and Silver paint, ages the bike less in those scenarios.

I don't want a "Matrix" square projector with spider eyes either.

51JcuhHk1GL._SX466_.jpg
Perhaps something like this could look nice if you kinda modern up the other things I mention above. I guess I'd like to make a "RestoMod"....fan of that I guess.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts