Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have any updates re the dreaded black triangles - Greg?

Regards Nick - milking the ashes win

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Anyone have any updates re the dreaded black triangles - Greg?

Regards Nick - milking the ashes win
I am a few hours away from completing the design showing some 3D models on this forum.
I should be able to post up by tomorrow.
I'm just finalising the rear pillion guard and the hinged pegs but here's a quick teaser.

Stay tuned.

Greg.

Attachments

·
Registered
635 Posts
Ewwww nice ...... adjustable rearset and removable pillion pegs!

Damned nice man damned nice route you are going there! :cool:

·
Registered
517 Posts
WOW!!!! This looks great!!!!
Does it meant that Bipostos will have the option of having rearsets, AND monopostos will be able to carry pillion passenger as well? (assuming they get a biposto seat) this is GRAND!
Can't wait to see the final product!! and use it sooner than later :D

~k

·
Registered
3,057 Posts
Arrrgh Greg...

Does this mean my visa card gets arseraped again?

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
hehehehe, very australian male child is expected to be able to recite that URL off the top of their head by the time they are 10 or they are doomed to be a ballet dancer :eek:

·
Registered
473 Posts
Greg,

Your design looks strong and very attractive….

But how are you planning on dealing with the fact that the two upper frame mounts are relatively thin and may bend with the weight of a passenger peg cantilevered so far out. Ducati got around this by adding the third mount on the bottom of the motor.

PS: a “No Fat Chicks” rule would not be out of the question :)

Lee C.

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Greg,

Your design looks strong and very attractive….

But how are you planning on dealing with the fact that the two upper frame mounts are relatively thin and may bend with the weight of a passenger peg cantilevered so far out. Ducati got around this by adding the third mount on the bottom of the motor.

PS: a “No Fat Chicks” rule would not be out of the question :)

Lee C.
Keen eyes Lee:D

The final design (not shown in this 3D model) incorporates a 3 position mount that not only picks up the two common bolt holes, but also places a boss inside the frame cross tube (swing-arm pickup tube).
The three point mount plate replecates the exact profile of the cast mounting point that we can see on both sides of our bikes.

You will just have to wait and see huh? - I cant give it all away in one sitting:)

Greg.

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Looks a little like the Hyper set up.

I don't see BIP exhaust hanger flanges.

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Looks a little like the Hyper set up.

I don't see BIP exhaust hanger flanges.
I've never been interested in the Hyper so i'm not sure what they look like.
Should prabably check them out hey?

Bip exhaust hangers still need to be designed yet... Mapped out in my head but they are the easy part of the equasion so i'm leaving them till last.
They will be individual machined billet arms and not tied to the rearset/pillion set at all..

Greg.

·
Premium Member
2,241 Posts
WOW!!!! This looks great!!!!
Does it meant that Bipostos will have the option of having rearsets, AND monopostos will be able to carry pillion passenger as well? (assuming they get a biposto seat) this is GRAND!
Can't wait to see the final product!! and use it sooner than later :D

~k
You read my mind koucki. This is the exact direction my mind went as soon as I saw this. So will it be possible Greg?:think:

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
Bip exhaust hangers still need to be designed yet... Mapped out in my head but they are the easy part of the equasion so i'm leaving them till last.
They will be individual machined billet arms and not tied to the rearset/pillion set at all..

Greg.
Oh no, come on Greg, where's me friggin' hangers???? :abduct:

Your triangle replacement looks excellent BTW :cool:

·
Registered
503 Posts
Love Poolagents answer

http://wickedweasel.com/en-au/ww_model_galleries/2016

Will they be easily swapped from the current ( worn out/ not as attractive/wrong colour) model?

Will they bolt in to the current position without the need for a lawyer to be involved in removal of the old ( discarded unwanted items) ?

Is there a market for the old ones?

So Wasp.....October looms...still no powerup kit for the GT with the Pipemasters exhaust....I can taste the free beer at PI......woops....threadjacking again!

Cheers Roger

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
And I hear they are only hiring fat chicks as pit girls this year.

It can only go down hill from here mate...

·
Registered
503 Posts
pit babes

Oh Really ???? .....that's just gunna put a little more pressure on his "housemate" for the weekend...you know how"toey" he gets away from the Wasp Nest :eek:

·
Registered
555 Posts
to Lee C.

you mean to say you currently allow fat chicks on your Duc? man, that is so un-cool. :cool:

·
Registered
555 Posts
Greg,

you are certainly evil but my Ducati loves you. I wrote when you introduced the PUK1 kit that I thought I had bought everything I needed until you whipped out the PUK1.

Damn, you're doing it again!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts