Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I finally got around to taking some pics of my new SFs! I purchased the bike used(it had 86miles on it) about a month ago and have added a few personal touches since I took delivery. I appreciate all the help this forum has provided as well as some PM's from a few of you guys. The bike is just terrific. After the Termi's and ECU upgrade I did the bars and the 14t sprocket and the bike is much more comfy and it has virtually none of the low rpm fueling issues that was present when I first rode the bike! I really can't wait to take the bike out to the track!! Its been about 7yrs since I've been on a track and that bug has come back again! Anyway...here are some pics!

Man's 2 best friends!

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
Well I finally got around to taking some pics of my new SFs! I purchased the bike used(it had 86miles on it) about a month ago and have added a few personal touches since I took delivery. I appreciate all the help this forum has provided as well as some PM's from a few of you guys. The bike is just terrific. After the Termi's and ECU upgrade I did the bars and the 14t sprocket and the bike is much more comfy and it has virtually none of the low rpm fueling issues that was present when I first rode the bike! I really can't wait to take the bike out to the track!! Its been about 7yrs since I've been on a track and that bug has come back again! Anyway...here are some pics!

Man's 2 best friends!

very nice!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I test rode both the Monster and the SFs. I liked the Monster quite a bit especially the price, but I really couldn't get the SF out of my mind. I didn't want to drop $19k for a second bike, especially since I knew I would personalize it and that would add at least a few $k to the bike. I started searching the classifieds and on the Ducati classifieds I found this bike. It was located in Dallas. The story was the guy had just lost his job and needed to sell the bike asap. We went back and forth on price and I had cash so that helped me quite a bit. He took a significant hit from his purchase price....I'm really not sure if he lost his job(i hope not) or the bike was his first bike and just to much for him...

·
IHMC Est. 2010
2,017 Posts
I hate gold accessories...normallly. This is the first time that I actually like the gold pressure plate and slave in gold. Doing the handle bar in gold just ties it all together so well. Nice pics.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks. Yeah I def didn't want to do to much gold. The handlebars are outstanding from a riding/comfort standpoint. If def makes the bike more comfy for this 46yr old-man!!

·
Registered
3,261 Posts
Those look like hindsight barend mirrors sold by crg I had a set on my monster and presently a set on my tuono.
Chris

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I have a Canon 40D, I love taking pics and will admit I'm not the best at it but its still fun. I hope to head to a track day by the end of month and snap some photos. The mirrors are the CRG Lanesplitters and the handlebars are the Rizumo's(sp?). Both are excellent upgrades over stock, imo!

·
Registered
358 Posts
I have a Canon 40D, I love taking pics and will admit I'm not the best at it but its still fun. I hope to head to a track day by the end of month and snap some photos. The mirrors are the CRG Lanesplitters and the handlebars are the Rizumo's(sp?). Both are excellent upgrades over stock, imo!
I have a Canon 40D and 5DmkII but haven't taken pics of my SF-S with them since my Bro's been using them for wedding photography. :cool:

I agree the LS's and gold Rizoma bar are great! Have the LS's and the bar is on order. Have you decided on changing the clutch and brake reservoirs? Seems like the Rizoma's are the only options right now unless you've stumbled upon something else. Guido's Shift-Tech SF-S reservoirs are $820.00 a set plus other components are needed! :eek: Too rich for my blood!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I have a Canon 40D and 5DmkII but haven't taken pics of my SF-S with them since my Bro's been using them for wedding photography. :cool:

I agree the LS's and gold Rizoma bar are great! Have the LS's and the bar is on order. Have you decided on changing the clutch and brake reservoirs? Seems like the Rizoma's are the only options right now unless you've stumbled upon something else. Guido's Shift-Tech SF-S reservoirs are $820.00 a set plus other components are needed! :eek: Too rich for my blood!
Yes I definitely want to change out both reservoirs. I'm waiting on a few more options. I'd like to get the CF rear hugger next.....

Post some pics when you get your camera back!!

·
Registered
358 Posts
Yes I definitely want to change out both reservoirs. I'm waiting on a few more options. I'd like to get the CF rear hugger next.....

Post some pics when you get your camera back!!
My DP CF rear hugger showed up last week! :D Yeah I gotta take and post some pics.... BTW, I've removed the spacers on the front turn signals for the cleaner Euro spec look. Several U.S. members have done that simple mod.

Your bike is nice and clean, very tasteful! :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thanks. Yeah I def didn't want to do to much gold. The handlebars are outstanding from a riding/comfort standpoint. If def makes the bike more comfy for this 46yr old-man!!
They look great. Do they have custom rise and pullback dimensions or are they a standard Rizoma bar?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts