Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's been about 10 years(?). So much has taken place, I sold off my S1000S and ached at doing so. But there's nothing wrong with being resurrected with a black bi-posto, with less than 10K miles. Needs some tidying up, love the stock, low-clip-ons (because that's how these were meant to be ridden), 98% stock, and certainly in need of some rumbling exhaust cans.

I don't ride as rock & roll as I used to but I'm still rock & roll 馃 I hope all of you are well, looking forward to slowly reconnecting.

unnamed.jpg

Registered
.. black frame, black pipes, black engine, blank tank, black seat/fender ... set off with those excellent aluminum rims, forks, triples, hubs, and other nice little aluminum pieces ... friggin lovely ... bad ass matafaka!!! ...

..roll along with that tune by Rancid .. "Black coat, white shoes, black hat, Cadillac .. yeah .. The boy's a time bomb" .. can't help but think of this song when I look at that bike.

Nice catch. :)

Official Retired Person
Welcome back

and

More pics please!

Reactions: livedd0

Registered
Great looking machine and immensely underrated album.

Reactions: livedd0

Premium Member
Awesome bike and welcome back to the fold. Enjoy!

Registered
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
.. black frame, black pipes, black engine, blank tank, black seat/fender ... set off with those excellent aluminum rims, forks, triples, hubs, and other nice little aluminum pieces ... friggin lovely ... bad ass matafaka!!! ...

..roll along with that tune by Rancid .. "Black coat, white shoes, black hat, Cadillac .. yeah .. The boy's a time bomb" .. can't help but think of this song when I look at that bike.

Nice catch. :)
Thx man! You nailed it with the Rancid lyrics!

Premium Member
It's been about 10 years(?). So much has taken place, I sold off my S1000S and ached at doing so. But there's nothing wrong with being resurrected with a black bi-posto, with less than 10K miles. Needs some tidying up, love the stock, low-clip-ons (because that's how these were meant to be ridden), 98% stock, and certainly in need of some rumbling exhaust cans.

I don't ride as rock & roll as I used to but I'm still rock & roll 馃 I hope all of you are well, looking forward to slowly reconnecting.

View attachment 1009349
I have Termis for it for sale, search my posts or message me

Registered
Great to see ya back R.!! We should get together for a ride soon. I still got the P.S., just recently sold a Red 1000S and have updated my GS to a R1250.
-Mike

Registered
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Mike! Wassup man! So good to see you respond! It's been a super-long time man! Glad to hear you still got the PS!
I moved to Oakland back in 2010 and have been out this way since. Shoot me your # via DM and let's see when we can get together for a ride.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well boys, sad but hopeful news: I was clipped while riding my Black Sabbath, last Weds. I've barely gotten to ride the moto since buying it back in May due to my busy work schedule. Long story short, I made a right onto a street and a person ran his light and clipped me.

I hit the ground really hard and suffered some bruised ribs, bruised lung and road-rashed knees. The moto suffered absolutely repairable damage and I am in need of your help, is possible.

I am in need of (for now):
  • Left clutch-shifter levers (hand and foot) (or can someone recommend some aftermarket options?)

• Mirrors (Rizoma will work if anyone has a used set, or stock will be fine too)

• I just bought a pair of Rizoma grips

• Stock front turn signals

• Used clutch reservoir+hardware (aftermarket will work too / I'll buy brake and clutch just to spruce up these items. Otherwise recommend some aftermarket options seperate from Rizoma

• Stock pipes will do but if anyone miiiiight have a set of aftermarket cans, please let me know. @mikethepole I might hit you up again per our prev. conv. on your Termis.

Leftside has minimal damage and nothing else (as far as I can tell) has been compromised, thank goodness. The tank has a few scratches but you know, this is all leading me to actually lightly customize the moto. I'll probably get the tank and seat-cowl custom-painted or, just re-shot in stock color scheme and stripes. But as we know, we can go a few ways with these beauties. Does anyone know where I can get the Ducati logo for the tank should I get it repainted?

I won't fret too much because this moto is not ruined at all. I bought it used, and sure, it wasn't perfect but still, it's all easily fixable.

The moto runs just fine, everything is replaceable and I'm just happy it's not a junked mess. Let alone, I am just fine and feeling way better than last week. For the driver, who knows. They bounced. A couple helped me pick up the moto and I left it overnight. I got it home the next morning and it's back in the stable.

I appreciate in advance, all the help and links that will come my way. And I'll be more than happy to share the results, once this moto is back in action.

Registered
2007 GT1000
Sorry to hear about your crash as well as the driver leaving the scene. What a tool. Here鈥檚 to a speedy recovery for you and the bike!

Registered
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thx brother. It's frustrating. As you know, there's an emotional thing with our motos. And when something happens or someone touches them, it feels so personal. But it's us who tames these beasts. Not the other way around.

Rock on

Registered
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Does anyone know where I can get an adapter for this throttle grip? I bought a set of used Rizoma Sport grips and either I got the wrong ones (these came off a GT) or the adapter was left out. I assume the GT throttle setup is the same as the rest of theSCs but I might be wrong(?)

If there's a different grip for the SC-1000, can someone let me know? I'll sell these off and most likely lose some money as they might not work for my setup.

Premium Member
1976 900SS , 2007 Sports Classic 1000S
How did you go with the adapter ?
I have a set of grips, unknown make with a dentist mirror bar end. Bought a set of Halcyon 820's bar end as I like the look of them and they work well on the bevel. Made in UK , decent quality. AND I can see traffic, fold in for lane splitting.
So, didn't measure the inside diameter. Screws too wide . This site says it is 16.5mm. Ordered the extra screws from UK after waiting 4 months for the retailer to get them... , ripoff postage,
Now, the interior of the grips have a lip inside, too long for the Halcyon screws , and I really don't want to machine the screw packers ( or whatever the bits that expand inside the grip are called.) .
Managed to kludge a fit with old and new screw parts.

So , can you let me know what grips you end up getting. ? And do the Rizoma's have a lip on the inside . ? Have no idea how to fit them, but we are in Covid lockdown here in Sydney so have time to fiddle.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
How did you go with the adapter ?
I have a set of grips, unknown make with a dentist mirror bar end. Bought a set of Halcyon 820's bar end as I like the look of them and they work well on the bevel. Made in UK , decent quality. AND I can see traffic, fold in for lane splitting.
So, didn't measure the inside diameter. Screws too wide . This site says it is 16.5mm. Ordered the extra screws from UK after waiting 4 months for the retailer to get them... , ripoff postage,
Now, the interior of the grips have a lip inside, too long for the Halcyon screws , and I really don't want to machine the screw packers ( or whatever the bits that expand inside the grip are called.) .
Managed to kludge a fit with old and new screw parts.

So , can you let me know what grips you end up getting. ? And do the Rizoma's have a lip on the inside . ? Have no idea how to fit them, but we are in Covid lockdown here in Sydney so have time to fiddle.

Hi there and sorry for a delayed response.

These Rizoma grips should fit your SC1000-S (assuming that's what you're looking for). I used to have these same grips on my SC1000-S and they work just fine. Rizoma's website and filtering to yours and my current model comes back with the following link: Sport

The left-hand grip uses a set of set-screws that will require you to drill ever-so-slightly, 2 holes where the set-screws can catch a grip and create a hold. It's super simple.

The right-grip (to my recollection) doesn't require this detail but you'll need to shift the assembly just a little closer to the brake reservoir to make room for the grip's length. About 1-4 mms is all it needs.

Finally, I haven't installed the grips just yet because I am missing the adapter (for the throttle cables) and I've just been lagging on scoring one.

All in all, these do not require an adapter regarding them being installed on to the clip-on bars. Hope this helps!

Here's a pic. (from Rizoma's site) of the throttle-cable adapter I'm missing:​

Premium Member
1976 900SS , 2007 Sports Classic 1000S
Thks @livedd0 , ending up kludging the Halcyon 820s.
The throttle had an inner measure of 16.5 then a lip.
Used bits of the old dentist mirror screws and Halcyon 16.5 mm screws.
Not totally satisfactory, but seems secure and no vibration.
Good luck with the adapters.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts