Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a late start today around 130pm but I met Jeff and two of his buddies down in Bixby, MO. My trip down there wasn't the most scenic. 44 west to Cuba but once on 19, the trip turned fantastic. Nice rolling hills and curves with the re-occurring smells of horse and cow manure. Taking a left turn at some one horse town I never heard of, Cherryville (no cherries that I saw to be popped!) Then onto 49, wow what a ride. Finally got to Bixby, just in time to watch the HD guys loading the Buells in the truck. So after hanging out a bit with Jeff and his buddies it was time to saddle up and hit the road. Well to save time and I can't recall any road that we traveled, I'll just call them Holy crap I'm about to vomit roads. Not that I have enough experience to ride the curves like those three, I did what I could safely. It was fun except when I thought I was about to crash and burn but low and behold the good Ol' Duc pulled me through the curve as my stomach pitted with some pucker factor. I would say it was very good experience even though I was pushing myself a lil harder than normal. Though the best part was when the group got pulled over for no reason except for the Deputy wanted to yell at some bikers. (I still don't see how passing a van and clearing the on-coming Deputy by at least a quarter-mile means pulling out in front of him.) So anyway I showed him my shiny lil piece of metal that i carry and his attitude changed dramatically. (Still need to cash in the free beer). Then a nice smooth ride all the way home with nothing making me puke. Once I got home I checked the trip, put 260.3 miles on today. Plus yesterday's ride I have a two day total of 530 miles. Wow What A Ride!!!!

·
Registered
322 Posts
Hahahhaha

Well Rob if I were you forget the beer. I would cash some of that in on some dyno time and then a Beer....................And thank's again for saving me and Jerry..................For what I have not figured out yet...........But po po seemed to think he had something. How about the guy on the FZ1 with his gal on the back...................Geez I broke away when they came by all I could do to keep them in sight in those turns...............being on a new bike with crap for suspension and just a T-shirt......................I needed full leathers to keep of with those two..........................They were all suited up and moving on that is what I get for not wearing my riding gear...........I'll bet they live down there to know those roads like that. How about the very old dude on the burgman scooter...........he could ride and scrape I guess the center stand...............The buell ride was pretty good. But my Duc motor was smoother than the Buell 1125. But did not have the same power. That Termi system on my bike now is very cool. When I got home last night...........I had 312 miles on my odo for the day..............270 miles yesturday. 582 miles for saturday and sunday. Got over 1600 on ol GT Termi now. LOL For my first Ducati st.louis rides guess we did pretty good. I do like the GT classic it seems to set alone in a crowd...........Just needs some suspension now.........And some kind of front small shield..............Take care man nice to ride with ya.............Wonder what happened to Drew have not heard a word since saturday. O'yeah weather was perfect..............The bixby run is the best in this area with the hannibal not bad. We did them both this weekend.........................Great adventure...............Guess we got to go down to deals gap next...............

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah I was thinking of calling Jerry on Tuesday to setup an appointment but I'm back working tomorrow and my next set of days off I will be going to Springfield. So not sure how long the whole thing takes, if i make it there once he opens shop I should be able to get there and make it to work by 1445.

The FZ1 blew right pass me like I was only doing 65. Hahaha I don't think I would have even kept up with the Old man on the Burgie. Deal's Gap you say, maybe but not right now, need way more experience to handle it well. Anyway is that the one called Dragons (something) I dont remember. but has like 1billion turns in only 7 miles?

·
Registered
322 Posts
Yeah Deal's gap.

Like 318 turns in 11 miles.............................I here ya. This new bike has suck suspension. Don't have the money for the good fork work right now. But did order the Hyper pro progressive springs this morning. KSS rear shocks are next. Glad Jerry sold his RC 51 our I would have got lost trying to keep up with him. He said he had a better time on the stock suspension zx12 just poking through the roads down there. If you can call it poking. He does. That FZ1 was running way to hard with a passenger for those roads. Glad he did not dump that gal on the back. The boy was doing a heck of a job though.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah if she fell then I would have stopped and would have done some real riding then!

·
Registered
322 Posts
07 was the last time I was down there.

Kind of need to be there in the middle of the week. The weekends you see it all to many cops.............way to many wrecks................Head on's etc..........Terrible. The other roads around that area I followed the FZ1 crowd that week seemed to be alot better to ride on. spring and fall no heat is better more comfortable. Of course we could put are bike's on your private jet and give it a go next week...............LOL..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts