Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

Bitubo has just released their steering dampers for the Hypermotard, and we already have a few on their way to us here in the states.

I don't think for a second that its necessary for me to tell you how important it is to have a steering damper on your HM, so I'll just let you purchase them on the site and type that your a forum member into the payment notes so that I can give you your 10% discount.

Go here to order - http://bellissimoto.com/BituboDampers.html

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Why is everything for the Hyper so much more expensive than other Ducs?

·
Registered
3,070 Posts
fwiw, these look to be the same units as the ducati performance units, with different branding.

·
Registered
2008 Hypermotard 1100S
58 Posts
Why is everything for the Hyper so much more expensive than other Ducs?
+1!!

I was thinking the same thing...the fleecing of the Hypers continues.....The arm coming off the top bar mount could use some sexy milling, machining or anything to make it look a) like I didn't make it at home with my bandsaw and benchsander and b) like its worth 5 bills...too harsh?:D

·
Registered
198 Posts
fwiw, these look to be the same units as the ducati performance units, with different branding.
They're not the same and these are not hydraulic unlike the Ducati damper.
Also the adjustment on the Bitubo is on the rod versus body for the DP unit.
FWIW I paid the same price for the Bitubo unit for my Street Triple.

·
Registered
592 Posts
i've never needed a damper on the bike since i setup my front end right. maybe if you were tracking and had 90+ ponies at the rear wheel

·
Premium Member
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
They are quite important, I know they have saved my ass on numerous occasions, and one of most recent customers to purchase one did so after dislocating his shoulder in a tankslapper on his monster 1100 two weeks ago.

·
Registered
3,070 Posts
grazie for clearing that up ... my bad :rolleyes:

They're not the same and these are not hydraulic unlike the Ducati damper.
Also the adjustment on the Bitubo is on the rod versus body for the DP unit.
FWIW I paid the same price for the Bitubo unit for my Street Triple.

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
That Bitubo is sexy but I'm very happy with my Scotts rotary.

Cheers

·
Registered
2 Posts
Very impressed with this unit's look, ease of installation and performance. Bellisimoto had my Bitubo delivered to rural South Australia less than a week from when I ordered it! And kindly and promptly as promised credited my credit card with a 10% forum member discount! Fantastic company, great product

·
Registered
123 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts