Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Premium Member
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bitubo has just released their steering damper for the Ducati Streetfighter and we have the first dozen on order.

They should be in stock by Oct 10th at the latest, and we are offering them at sale price of only $399.95 before you take off your 10% forum member discount!

So, I will re-iterate, forum members, your price is only $360!!

Purchase them here - http://bellissimoto.com/BituboDampers.html

·
Premium Member
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
These are now IN STOCK!

Thats right, we now have a dozen Bitubo dampers in stock for the Ducati Streetfighter in various colors (Red, Gold, and Anthracite (Grey)).

Have fun and ride safe everybody!

·
Registered
43 Posts
I have Renthal 814 bars on my SF. What is the size of this damper compared to stock. Is it smaller than the Ohlins?

·
Premium Member
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have Renthal 814 bars on my SF. What is the size of this damper compared to stock. Is it smaller than the Ohlins?
It is smaller than the ohlins, both in length and in diameter.

It should work perfectly fine with your set up, and to prove my confidence in the Bitubo product, if you purchase one, and aren't 100% impressed with it, send it back within 2 weeks for a full refund (undamaged obviously).

- Randy
702-285-1101

·
Premium Member
1,287 Posts
So, I received my Bitubo steering damper the other day from BellissiMoto...thanks Randy. Nicely packaged, good instructions, easy to mount. Compared to the stock one, it's slightly smaller in size, a little lighter, and offers way more dampening. With it set to the least amount of dampening, it seems to be about the same amount as the stock dampener, so the Bitubo should offer some good increased dampening and control.
Weather permitting, I'm doing a track day either this Wednesday or next. Even by Pacific Northwest standards, this has been a pretty wet spring, but when I get a chance to try it out I'll post up my impressions.
BTW, thanks to some searching on this forum, I found the info on shortening of the front turn signal stalks to the euro specs. I think it looks way nicer with the slimmer appearance, so thanks all for the (more) good stuff.:)

Attachments

·
Registered
358 Posts
So, I received my Bitubo steering damper the other day from BellissiMoto...thanks Randy. Nicely packaged, good instructions, easy to mount. Compared to the stock one, it's slightly smaller in size, a little lighter, and offers way more dampening. With it set to the least amount of dampening, it seems to be about the same amount as the stock dampener, so the Bitubo should offer some good increased dampening and control.
Weather permitting, I'm doing a track day either this Wednesday or next. Even by Pacific Northwest standards, this has been a pretty wet spring, but when I get a chance to try it out I'll post up my impressions.
BTW, thanks to some searching on this forum, I found the info on shortening of the front turn signal stalks to the euro specs. I think it looks way nicer with the slimmer appearance, so thanks all for the (more) good stuff.:)
Looks great, looks like it belongs on the bike. I'm planning on getting the Bitubo in Anthracite. Randy's a cool cat, I spoke to him after I purchased my Ducabike rearsets from him.

·
Registered
576 Posts
Thanks for posting picts - I am interested too since I already have Bitubo on my other bike and it works really well. I wonder, do you mind to post picts at full lock left and right positions? Would like to see the clearance in relationship to tank and support arm... Thanks!

·
Premium Member
1,287 Posts
Thanks for posting picts - I am interested too since I already have Bitubo on my other bike and it works really well. I wonder, do you mind to post picts at full lock left and right positions? Would like to see the clearance in relationship to tank and support arm... Thanks!
Sure. Here ya go:
BTW, there are definitely no clearance issues...lots of room all around.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,183 Posts
Flying, what are the black marks on your dash referencing?...

·
Premium Member
1,287 Posts
Flying, what are the black marks on your dash referencing?...
;)Ha! It's part of the aging process! At 53, my close-up vision isn't quite what it used to be. My distant vision is still really good, but I usually use reading glasses for anything close. Anyhow, the lower mark is set at 7000 RPM and the higher is set to 10,000. At the track, it allows me to take a really quick glance at the tach without having to work at seeing it.

·
Registered
465 Posts
;)Ha! It's part of the aging process! At 53, my close-up vision isn't quite what it used to be. My distant vision is still really good, but I usually use reading glasses for anything close. Anyhow, the lower mark is set at 7000 RPM and the higher is set to 10,000. At the track, it allows me to take a really quick glance at the tach without having to work at seeing it.
I like that. Cool idea. Do you have the shift lights set? I never look at my rpm's when riding on the track. All by sound, feel and the shift lights. Sometimes by the rev-limiter :eek:

·
Registered
465 Posts
It is smaller than the ohlins, both in length and in diameter.

It should work perfectly fine with your set up, and to prove my confidence in the Bitubo product, if you purchase one, and aren't 100% impressed with it, send it back within 2 weeks for a full refund (undamaged obviously).

- Randy
702-285-1101
Will the stock black bracket work with this damper? I like it but that bracket needs to be black.

·
Registered
576 Posts
Sure. Here ya go:
BTW, there are definitely no clearance issues...lots of room all around.
Thanks for posting picts! I will seriously consider it... kind of go between Ohlins (since I have Ohlins setup) and Bitubo (i like the compact design, and I have one already on my other bike).... decision decision....:p

·
Premium Member
1,287 Posts
Thanks for posting picts! I will seriously consider it... kind of go between Ohlins (since I have Ohlins setup) and Bitubo (i like the compact design, and I have one already on my other bike).... decision decision....:p
Yeah, I almost bought the Ohlins damper also. Figured I had the Ohlins suspension, may as well get the damper. Also, I had one on the 749 and really liked it. However, the Ohlins damper looks really big on the Streefighter...too long, too obtrusive. The Bitubo is really compact and I think fits better. On top of that, I was very pleased at BellissiMoto's price and quick service.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts