Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone having an issue with the bitubo steering damper not having enough travel when turned full left?

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't have a bitubo damper but you should be able to slide the body in the clamp to center it in the travel.
Nope, the damper flares out at a point limiting how far you can slide it.

It was probably just about 1/4 in short, i could see the mounting arm flex as it went to full lock.

I just put the mounting clamp into the mill and machined it. Now the damper has an even clearance at each end of its travel and no binding.

Was going to send it back if other people had this issue, but this was quicker and i do like the dampener itself.

·
Bon Vivant
10,921 Posts
Nope, the damper flares out at a point limiting how far you can slide it.

It was probably just about 1/4 in short, i could see the mounting arm flex as it went to full lock.

I just put the mounting clamp into the mill and machined it. Now the damper has an even clearance at each end of its travel and no binding.

Was going to send it back if other people had this issue, but this was quicker and i do like the dampener itself.
That's good info for those of us who don't own a mill...

·
Registered
113 Posts
Mine went in OK but I left all the bolts loose until I had it lined up. Sorry for the crap cell phone pics but it may help.

Attachments

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Mine went in OK but I left all the bolts loose until I had it lined up. Sorry for the crap cell phone pics but it may help.
Thanks minuteman that does help. Mine looked like that with the adjustment knob bottomed out but then the bars could be turned another degree or so.

Added some pics of how it sits now.

Attachments

·
Registered
113 Posts
It's definitely a snug fit. Good you got it sorted.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts