Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've been wanting to take a risk concerning the exhaust system on my biposto. I'm not satisfied with the popular systems that are currently out for the bike. After reading Wasp's thread with the ExBox, I was hoping to do the same thing. I understand the top inlet into the exhaust requires modification, the rear cylinder header needs modification/custom made, and the exhaust mount needs to be "tweaked."

As for the Zard issue. After gathering as many pictures as I can from this forum, I'm not sure how much of an issue clearance would be from the swing arm if the exhaust system was slapped onto the biposto. I'm aware that a shock would need to be removed. As for the lower exhaust, I'm thinking there's ~5-7mm of adjustment necessary. Am I missing any other fitment issues? Will the back cylinder header meet the swingarm's cross frame?

Either route, I will be getting new rearsets and make the bike a "mono."

Insight?

·
Registered
666 Posts
Any help?
Not to be an ass, OK, I'll be an ass buy an mono:D
Here is pic of part of the problem with the Zard exhaust. Think of the alignment tool as the dual sided swingarm on the right side.

Plus you'll need a mono swingarm and shock to make the installation easier, or mod the exhaust system. The frame between the mono and bi are close. You could space out the top exhaust for clearance to the right side shock, then mod the lower part of the exhaust to clear the swingarm. Good Luck!!!
Go for it and let us know how it turns out.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts