Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently took my termi's in to get ceramic coated and the shop ruined the rivet straps. Does anyone have a source for these?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
515 Posts
I don't have a source, but I'd probably be prepared to have them made out of stainless sheet stock. Easiest would be to keep them as solid straps (no fancy "cut outs" ) and punch the rivet holes where needed. If you have the old ones still, a good metal shop should be able to make them for you.
Other suggestion would be to contact Termi in Italy directly.
I also did some Google searching and found someone was laser / water jet cutting straps (with and without the fancy cut out areas) and had them available a number of years ago on a UK Ducati forum.
Best of luck!

·
Registered
'06 S2R 1100 Custom, '12 SF 1040
237 Posts
How are they ruined? Scratched up? Cut?

If they’re scratched up, you could flip them so the mangled part isn’t visible or polish them out.

You could also probably get away with just throwing in steel rivets without the straps. Some aftermarket exhausts do this and I don’t see a structural issue if your termis aren’t carbon.

·
Registered
717 Posts
These guys are UK-based, but may still be a good option:

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
How are they ruined? Scratched up? Cut?

If they’re scratched up, you could flip them so the mangled part isn’t visible or polish them out.

You could also probably get away with just throwing in steel rivets without the straps. Some aftermarket exhausts do this and I don’t see a structural issue if your termis aren’t carbon.
The shop ceramic coated the straps and the end caps. To remove the ceramic they glass bead blasted everything... but it warped the straps and now they're all misshapen.

·
Registered
891 Posts
The shop ceramic coated the straps and the end caps. To remove the ceramic they glass bead blasted everything... but it warped the straps and now they're all misshapen.
Curious which shop you used. I plan on having both my exhaust pipes and exhaust done soon. I will be most likely be sending mine to Jet-Hot in North Carolina.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Curious which shop you used. I plan on having both my exhaust pipes and exhaust done soon. I will be most likely be sending mine to Jet-Hot in North Carolina.
Performance Coatings in Auburn, WA. The full story is I brought the pipes to them for ceramic for did not specify that the end caps and straps should not be coated. I assumed since they were stainless that it was obvious. Wrong. They coated the entire pipe, end caps / straps and all. When I went to pick them up I was.... not happy. He offered to redo them, but I would need to take them home, drill out the rivets, disassemble, and bring them back to have them redone... which I did... but the glass bead basically ruined the straps. I'm not too happy about that either honestly. I feel like they should have known better on both occasions... but it is what it is at this point and I just need to find a solution and move forward. The cones and headers look great for what it's worth.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts