Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

Converting my BiPosto to a MonoPosto rearset. I've ordered almost everything, except I notice the gear change rod (from the pedal to the motor) has a different part number in 2006, as well the gear change lever (the splined lever connected to the transmission) also has a different part number. The pictures look very similar to my '09 ... Do I need either of these parts?

Thanks,
Guy

·
Premium Member
1,389 Posts
+1 on needing the longer shift rod. I test fitted the mono rearset on the shifter side of my bike. When checking everything out, I noticed it wouldn't shift properly until I adjusted the [mono] shift rod to the correct length (about 10-15mm longer than my GT shift rod length). Take the time to check the shifting. The gear bracket that the shift rod attaches to should be the same (looks identical in person).

TIP: If you can't shift to the higher gears at first, you can move through all the gears if you have the rear wheel on a stand and gently spinning it forward (normal rotation direction).

Tmnstr

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

·
Premium Member
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the replies! I received my rearsets today and ripped the left side foot pegs off and mocked up the MonoPosto pegs. I can make it work by moving the splined gear change lever back two splines and stretching the rod to only a few threads on each side ... however I will definitely be ordering that piece tomorrow as that isn't the best way to run it.

Thanks again!

·
Premium Member
1,593 Posts
Mine seems ok with the existing rod, but my footrests are aftermarket so maybe my gear lever pvoit is closer than yours? (I do have a longer rod)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts