Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been working with “TheDucnutOfBevelville” on his concept for Biposto to Monoposto exhaust hangers & rerasets.

The first two pictures are the rearset adaptor we made to lower the pegs.
The last picture is of the preliminary fit up, the final hangers have a polished upper frame mount and a black rod and look fantastic.

More info and photographs to come…..

Lee C.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
96 Posts
nice job!

Way cool. I bet those triangles weigh a ton when removed. I couldn't believe how much the bar weighed that held the stock rear license plate contraption.

·
Registered
242 Posts
so i know ducnut is going monoposto, but with this sort of hanger solution, do you think there is a way to design something similar that could retain passenger pegs losing the triangle?

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
any idea of a price for a set of hangers?

·
Premium Member
1,007 Posts
Wow, that looks great. I am with Squarecat -- any way to not lose the passenger?

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Unfortunatly, the end of the exhaust hanger is way too long of a lever arm to hang passenger pegs off of. If you want to keep your passenger pags the Ducati "Black Triangle" is you best bet.

More info on the hanger and pictures of the completed project will be posted soon.

Lee C.

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
Bravo Lee and Andrey! Remember, I want the first set as per all of my annoying emails and pics of the Termi set up sent to Andrey :p

My CFM's are wating patiently on the shelf in the garage...

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Hey Lee ... wait till I return and we can get all the details up at once with some costs etc as well..........

·
Premium Member
1,625 Posts
glad you finally got it posted guys!

i've seen lee and ducnut's setup and it is very elegant. almost a shame to powdercoat it since it's such a nice piece, but in black it melts effortlessly into the rearset assembly and it's hard to tell that it wasn't all made as one setup.

i've been working on/fiddling with the pillion peg problem for months now, trying to get the right balance of strength and peg placement without spending a bloody fortune on machining a huge part and i'm not there yet...
i picked up some cycle cat bolt-on pillion pegs for a monster and i've just started looking at how to combine them with a set of rearsets and a hanger bracket for a convertible setup... my mind keeps me up at night with these silly notions...

·
Registered
517 Posts
I could totally be wrong, but I don't think those will work on an SC. The 2 bike frames are different.
The monster's passenger pegs are attached from underneath the set, separate from the rearsets.
The SC has the passengers pegs attached to the rearsets, which is all the way at the bottom of the frame.
On the other hamd, there's room underneath the seat on an SC, next to the shock. I wonder what that's for.
Wish Ducati thought about rearsets for Bipostos!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts