Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello dear Bimota fans,

Does anyone have a Bimota Tesi 1D ES he wants to sell, or has anyone heard about a Tesi1D ES that is (or may be) for sale ?

Damien from France

·
Registered
338 Posts
I have been looking at DB's for over a year and have never seen one come up. I don't even find pictures. This has become a sort of pst time now to see what Bimota's go for and what is for sale. Mostly 90's and up are what I see and that includes looking in Europe.

I have a question for you. How much do you expect to have to pay for one of these? You can PM me if you do not want to post it.

·
Registered
167 Posts
More than 30 minutes to remove the fairing ... a real nightmare.

Wait until you need to change a belt, or a valve adjustment. :think:

You basically have to dissassemble the whole bike. Remove the front end, the rear end, remove the motor etc.

I still want one too. :eek:

·
Registered
87 Posts
Hello dear Bimota fans,

I took some new pictures of the Tesi

More than 30 minutes to remove the fairing ... a real nightmare.
I see you have a later ES. Can tell by the billet arm. All the EF's had them but only a few ES's. I'd rather have the later ES with the billet swingarm. Actually more rare than the EF.

Beautiful bike

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hello JLSB8,

Thanks for your post : I had never heard of this particularity about the last Tesi 1D ES. Very interesting.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I see you have a later ES. Can tell by the billet arm. All the EF's had them but only a few ES's. I'd rather have the later ES with the billet swingarm. Actually more rare than the EF.

Beautiful bike

Hi JLSB8,

I can't confirm your statement regarding Tesi1 ES and billet arms; I have one of the first ES and know another; they have ALL billet arms.

Perhaps you saw an upgraded Tesi1 SR.

But I'm open for every discussion because a lot of strange things happend in Bimota at that time and even today.

Regards

robbiano

·
Registered
605 Posts
Lots of strange things going on at Bimota at that time. This is the first Tesi I have seen in the blue and white color scheme that was being used on the "25th Anniversary" edition of the YB11 released at this same time. Curious to see if any others were done in this theme or if any Bimotas other than this bike and the handful of YB11s were built in this Anniversary color scheme. (I owned number "4 of 50" of the Anniversary YB11s. Spoke to an old hand who was with Bimota at the time who said they had the top triple clamps done in advance and that the bikes were not assembled in numerical order. He said only ten or so were built. I was less than happy with the way the YB11 handled -- as were many others who owned/rode them,and it is one of a very few Bimotas I sold off.) Dave

·
Registered
87 Posts
Lots of strange things going on at Bimota at that time. This is the first Tesi I have seen in the blue and white color scheme that was being used on the "25th Anniversary" edition of the YB11 released at this same time. Curious to see if any others were done in this theme or if any Bimotas other than this bike and the handful of YB11s were built in this Anniversary color scheme. (I owned number "4 of 50" of the Anniversary YB11s. Spoke to an old hand who was with Bimota at the time who said they had the top triple clamps done in advance and that the bikes were not assembled in numerical order. He said only ten or so were built. I was less than happy with the way the YB11 handled -- as were many others who owned/rode them,and it is one of a very few Bimotas I sold off.) Dave
Some more info on the YB11. The very first handful had one piece side fairings in fiberglass. The ones I had were plastic and split. The decal also moved away from the split for easier application. They cheesed out on the YB11 by removing the boxed steering head and boxed cross beam of the Earlier YB's. Also went to cast in lower center of frame between plates. I actually like the seating position though. Most didn't

·
Registered
605 Posts
Next to the Mantra, the YB11 is my least favorite Bimota. They not only may have 'cheapened out' on the bike when they were trying to retrieve the consequences of the V-Due debacle, but they screwed up big time on the front end. Going to oversized tubes may have looked cool on paper, but the actual build was a disaster. No matter how I fiddled with it, was simply too stiff and the feedback from the front end was numb at best. Quite happily sold it off. Dave

·
Registered
35 Posts
Almost pointlessly exotic, if there is such a thing. The tesi 1des is probably number one on my 'life mission' list of bikes to own, but with around 50 examples world wide finding one is as big a challenge as affording one..

There is also the dilemma of riding a bike so rare on the public roads with the other idiots around. (especially poignant as my GPz 550 A3 got written off when only 9 examples were left taxed on the UK roads - still amazingly common compared to the tesi)

·
Registered
338 Posts
Almost pointlessly exotic, if there is such a thing. The tesi 1des is probably number one on my 'life mission' list of bikes to own, but with around 50 examples world wide finding one is as big a challenge as affording one..

There is also the dilemma of riding a bike so rare on the public roads with the other idiots around. (especially poignant as my GPz 550 A3 got written off when only 9 examples were left taxed on the UK roads - still amazingly common compared to the tesi)
You are right. I have more or less given up the idea for many reasons. One is location, no one who bought this lives within 5000 miles of me LOL. You have a hope in he-- because most of the pictures I have seen of actual bikes have been in Italy, Germany and France. IF you find one do not expect a deal as the owner can ask what he wants, within reason. I look at it this way if you have the money to buy one it is like tossing it out the window. You never expect to recoup the cash so you may as well just keep it. If you do sell the person buying better have a serious interest and thus the cash to back it up.
There are several Bimota clubs in France and Germany that have meets. Since you live so close you may as well get involved, it's your best bet.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts