Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious what's the market value for a DB1 these days...might be putting up mine for sale... :think:

·
Registered
43 Posts
Whatever someone is prepared to pay - there were a couple of minters listed in Aus for A$40,000+ (US$40,000+) but they have not shifted in 3 years. Bought mine for NZ$10,000(US$7000) 4 years ago - tatty but sound original condition; worth every penny as resto project I'm working my way through. The truth is proably somewhere in between ~ US$20,000 for a low mileage minter

·
Registered
516 Posts
There have been a couple on the market here in Australia and the price was/is around $25K AUD. Currently there is only one of these on the market and it remains unsold after more than 12 months. The condition seems very good but I don't really judge from photos and prefer to see the bike to gauge its condition. In the current Australian market it needs to be for sale at under $20K to get it to move. Having said that your situation is quite a bit different. Best to start a bit high as you can always drop the price later.
Ian

·
Registered
87 Posts
DB1 Value

I paid $A17,500 for mine back in late 2005. It was a low mileage mint condition machine that had been converted to S specs (41mm Malossi carbs & airbox deleted) by the importer, Italspares. I would not sell it for any price now as I lusted after a DB1 for 20 years, mine now has sentimental value and its the most fun I can have with my pants on.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I paid $A17,500 for mine back in late 2005. It was a low mileage mint condition machine that had been converted to S specs (41mm Malossi carbs & airbox deleted) by the importer, Italspares. I would not sell it for any price now as I lusted after a DB1 for 20 years, mine now has sentimental value and its the most fun I can have with my pants on.
Know how you feel; waited ~20 yrs for mine as well; then scored a brand new, still in the Mallosi wrapping, 2:1 SR exhaust from Gowies for A$400 - it had $0 stock value to them as it had been sitting on the shelf since 87. Picked up some Akront 2 pce mag/ali wheels and am now on the way to an SR conversion. The air box has gone and I'm running K&N filters. I am not sure about the wild cams and 40mm PFMs though - maybe a bit rough for street use.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I'm familiar with that DB1R. To say it's special to me would be an understatement. I hope it goes to a good home.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts