Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Going to ditch the keys on my 748 race bike. What fuel tank cap is best? I've heard some leak, some don't vent, some jam... What one works without any BS?

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Going to ditch the keys on my 748 race bike. What fuel tank cap is best? I've heard some leak, some don't vent, some jam... What one works without any BS?
use a screw driver in the stock one.

·
Registered
337 Posts
I've had this one on my last two bikes and I like it alot.

MW Billet Q/R Fuel Cap: Ducati/MV/Yamaha

It's quick release and it vents without any issues and doesn't leak.

·
Registered
286 Posts

ACCOSSATO Rapid Fuel Cap - Fits All Modern Ducati With Round Cap - 851, 888, 750, 900SS, XX8, 1098, Desmosedici....

This is an Italian made ACCOSSATO quick release gas cap as used by top AMA and European race teams. The cap will not leak, and does not "screw" into the mounting base. A hardened stainless steel pin glides on the hard Anodized cam, and lock with a solid CLICK when the cap is secure. This particular cap will fit on ALL Ducati motorcycles from the 851 forward that has a round style gas cap as original equipment - this will NOT fit any Ducati that came with an oval type gas cap. It is a very fine piece of mechanical art that works very well. NOTE: this cap and all bits are anodized BLACK - the lower photo shows a GOLD and black model only to highlight details.....

$135 - in stock http://shop.bevelheaven.com/detail.aspx?ID=1200

·
Premium Member
8,727 Posts
I never had an issue with the round keyless fuel caps, only the ones that fit the 999 and Multistrada, the egg shaped ones. Those emit a fuel vapor odor, pretty slight and I haven't blown up yet. One of the first things I do to a bike is install the quick release cap, I really like them.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Try Mike at TAWVehicles.com Has the quick release, keyless round ones or the long funny ones for 125.00 shipped, I just ordered one and it's on it's way. Just like the others, made in Italy.
Dolph Eley

1 - 12 of 12 Posts