Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A few of the sport classic guys recommended I check out SSR (slingshot racing) for a billet fuel cap for my s2r. They're one of the lowest price points I found for the quick release style cap I was looking for, so here's the install.

the factory cap w/ bolts removed.
Yellow Wheel Automotive design Auto part Vehicle

Side by side comparison of the oem cap and ssr base. Quite different in comparison, though I like the simplicity of the billet ssr. Notice there is a vent cut into the ssr base to cover the vent hole in the fuel tank. Time will tell if the vent they engineered actually works.
Product Auto part Metal
Hand Circle Metal Fashion accessory Rim

With the oem unit removed I realize the ssr base essentially sets atop the tank nozzle and is compressed onto it as it is tightened down. There are no spacers/risers cut into the ssr base to straddle the nozzle as the oem unit does. Good/bad design? I don't know.
Auto part Wheel Tire Automotive tire Automotive wheel system

Well I elected to add nylon spacers to the install holes to mimic the way the oem is fastened to the tank. SSR did supply a rubber washer to help alleviate leakage. As long as the ssr base compresses the washer, leakage out of the nozzle shouldn't be an issue.
Auto part Wheel Automotive wheel system Tire Brake

Ssr base fastened down.
Small appliance Home appliance Metal

Here's the finished product.
Small appliance Auto part Plant Wheel Vehicle
Motor vehicle Vehicle Automotive tire Motorcycle accessories Auto part

I'll have to say, for the money, this is a nicely engineered and finished billet part. Install was about an hour for the anal retentive.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App

1 - 1 of 1 Posts