Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone installed the billet ergal clutch actuator to their ST3 to reduce the pressure on the clutch lever. I have never seen one however, I was shown a picture in the catalogue at a ducati dealer store when I enquired about how to reduce the pressure at the lever when in friday afternoon heavy start - stop traffic. I read the threads regarding playing around with the clutch plate and metal spacers - i am not too mechanically minded and prefer experts to perform the work on my bike. Will the billet ergal clutch actuator fit the ST3 and does it give enough benefit to make it worth the investment.

·
Registered
204 Posts
You would be easily capable of removing the clutch cover yourself (4 allen bolts), and undoing/removing 2 of the opposing clutch springs that you can then get at.
Suddenly your clutch will feel light as a feather.
Do a search for other postings on this very simple mod.
Much as I like having the help of experts there are some things so simple, I should just do them myself.

Colin 02 ST4S

·
Premium Member
6,917 Posts
I can hear people all over the world saying, "yeah sure", but this mod really does work, and no, the clutch does not slip. (a friend uses this mod on his
ST4S)
I don't use the mod, because I don't have a problem with the stock setup & I don't have any stop start traffic in my part of the world.

Craig

·
Registered
16,908 Posts
Get one of these:

OBERON Clutch Slave Cylinder 29mm very good quality. Easy clutch pull and the 29mm piston is easier to find neutral than the 30mm that we had on other bikes.

They are only $115 now because of the favorable exchange rate. These were selling for $149 last year.

-M

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I like the faith you have in me ColinF. Me? being able to do the job of removing two springs. However, I will do it, you made it sound so straight forward. And CB4265 answered what was going to be my next question regarding the clutch (with two springs removed) slipping. When the bike is loaded with saddlebags, top box and wife and if I need to do a hill start on a steep incline will the clutch slip?
Moto, i followed your link to the Oberon Clutch Slave Cylinder it reads very well.
I have options I never knew existed. Thank you everyone for contributing. This is a great forum.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts