Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Premium Member
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a set of billet axle plates from LT last year and they did not fit my 2007 ST3s. Does anyone know if there are different sizes? The invoice just said ST2-ST3-ST4.

·
Registered
‘07 ST3s, 09 GT 1000
443 Posts
I too , got a set of the billet plates from LT , I think in 2014 ... they fit as advertised , I'm sorry I don't have the paper work anymore , if you posted a photo I bet some one will be able to tell what the trouble is .... mine were really no problem to install and worked great ...
Craig

·
Premium Member
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I too , got a set of the billet plates from LT , I think in 2014 ... they fit as advertised , I'm sorry I don't have the paper work anymore , if you posted a photo I bet some one will be able to tell what the trouble is .... mine were really no problem to install and worked great ...
Craig
The problem is they are only 71 mm between the top and bottom tangs. My swingarm is 77 mm.

·
Registered
‘07 ST3s, 09 GT 1000
443 Posts
Okay ... I'll head out to shed and see if I can get you some numbers
Craig

·
Registered
‘07 ST3s, 09 GT 1000
443 Posts
Yup .... you are correct .... my swing arm is 77mm also .... but the plates fit perfectly , best measure I could get without removal was 77 mm too .... maybe they simply sent you wrong ones .... he is supposed to be reopening soon ... sorry for your trouble
Craig

·
Registered
‘07 ST3s, 09 GT 1000
443 Posts
I had originally answered , because N-PRo had same bike as I do ( '07 STs3 ) so maybe he does have the plates for the other swing arm .... time will tell eh ... just too bad he is finding out now when the store is closed ...
Craig

·
Registered
4,008 Posts
The invoice just said ST2-ST3-ST4.
Sounds like the ones for the steel SA if the invoice read as above...Those models have the steel SA.

Reactions: tonered

·
Premium Member
1,877 Posts
I have an 01 Monster with the aluminum SA and mine measures 77 mm. Aren't the SA's the same on some year ST's and Monsters?

·
Premium Member
38 Posts
See attached photo.
Did you ever find an axle plate to fit your ST3s? Both LT and Corsair list plates for steel (71mm tall) swing arms but I can't find plates for the 77mm aluminum version.

A few threads in the forum mention them but seemingly no resolution. Anyone have any luck? Thanks!

·
Premium Member
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Did you ever find an axle plate to fit your ST3s? Both LT and Corsair list plates for steel (71mm tall) swing arms but I can't find plates for the 77mm aluminum version.

A few threads in the forum mention them but seemingly no resolution. Anyone have any luck? Thanks!
Yes. They are listed on the Desmo Times web site as "Product 22 – S4/ST3S/ST4S, Post-2001 M1000/M900/M800/M750 Rear Axle Nut Plates".

Unfortunately, LT shows them as out of stock and discontinued...

·
Registered
1,073 Posts

Looks like Corsair might still make them. I sent them an inquiry this a.m. about custom finishes, but haven't gotten a response yet.

·
Registered
2001 S4, 2000 750ie Sport
852 Posts
Can you post when/if you get a reply?
I was thinking of doing some shopping and if they have those plates it would be nice.

·
Registered
'99 ST2, '06 1000ss
114 Posts
Don't know if this is appropriate here but, I have a small CNC mill in my workshop and could probably produce a batch of these out of 6061 in the 77mm size if there's enough interest.

Just for reference, here's a pic of a steering damper mount I made up for my 1000ss (sitting on my ST2 ;) ). These plates shouldn't be too hard to model up and manufacture. I'd need some assistance to make sure I get all of the dimensions correct.

·
Premium Member
38 Posts
Thanks Beerco ... I'm interested and I'd be happy to help with dimensions as well.

Below is a photo of an axle plate on a friend's ST4s. They were on his bike when he bought it, so source unknown, but I could take some measurements and send you. Let me know exactly what you'd need.

·
Registered
'99 ST2, '06 1000ss
114 Posts
The main things I'll need is the diameter of the nut, actually, the diameter of the countersink for the nut, verifying that they're the same on both sides and some thicknesses.

More importantly, I'll probably need to make some soft jaws to hold this during machining of side two so finding a few more people that are interested to bring the price down a bit it pretty essential.

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Thanks Beerco ... I'm interested and I'd be happy to help with dimensions as well.

Below is a photo of an axle plate on a friend's ST4s. They were on his bike when he bought it, so source unknown, but I could take some measurements and send you. Let me know exactly what you'd need.

View attachment 1014048
Those are the Desmo times axle plates.

1 - 20 of 73 Posts