Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any reason these don't seem to exist for steel swingarmed Supersports? The few places that sell them have most combinations and axle diameter and swingarm material, but nothing for steel SSs.

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Any reason these don't seem to exist for steel swingarmed Supersports? The few places that sell them have most combinations and axle diameter and swingarm material, but nothing for steel SSs.
They are around. I was able to locate a New Old Stock set on eBay about a month or so back ($80.00 shipped). Not my bike, but those are the MOTO Techniques USA billet adjuster plates.

The plates below the picture of the bike are the ones I actually bought.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Those are slick, I'll keep an eye out. Just surprised to see current production for everything but steel 900s.

·
Registered
738 Posts
I have a set of those Moto plates, new and in the plastic bag just like the photo above, that came in a small box of miscellaneous SS parts I bought from a friend who no longer has a 900. I'm not fond of the gold color so I haven't installed them...partially because of the color and partially because I fail to see the benefit they are supposed to provide. Maybe that's why they were still in the box and the Duc they were bought for is gone. Someone care to enlighten me as why I might want to bolt them on? Will they make the bike go faster, handle better or weigh less? Make chain adjustment a breeze??? There was also a pair of billet muffler clamps/mounts in the box. Pretty to look at but they just make me wonder why someone would mill up a big block of alloy to make them. Because you can doesn't mean you should sometimes.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have a set of those Moto plates, new and in the plastic bag just like the photo above, that came in a small box of miscellaneous SS parts I bought from a friend who no longer has a 900. I'm not fond of the gold color so I haven't installed them...partially because of the color and partially because I fail to see the benefit they are supposed to provide. Maybe that's why they were still in the box and the Duc they were bought for is gone. Someone care to enlighten me as why I might want to bolt them on? Will they make the bike go faster, handle better or weigh less? Make chain adjustment a breeze??? There was also a pair of billet muffler clamps/mounts in the box. Pretty to look at but they just make me wonder why someone would mill up a big block of alloy to make them. Because you can doesn't mean you should sometimes.
I love the gold color, send me a PM if you want to get rid of them!

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
They don't twist or spin when the axle is tightened down (as the super crappy stock stamped steel units do), which causes those really unsightly circular scratches in the swingarm/paint.

They provide a bit of rigidity to the ~square~ space frame that is the swingarm.

·
Registered
136 Posts
They are around. I was able to locate a New Old Stock set on eBay about a month or so back ($80.00 shipped). Not my bike, but those are the MOTO Techniques USA billet adjuster plates.

The plates below the picture of the bike are the ones I actually bought.
If you are interested in selling these I'll take them. PM sent.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts