Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

201 - 220 of 242 Posts

·
The Dude
4,391 Posts
Dad and his new Goldwing in the 80s, maybe early 90s.

Dad and his '73 750 Sport.

One of pop's fastest rides ever, the MD F101 Voodoo. This photo taken around 1962 or 63 Hamilton AFB, SF Cal.

Happy Father's Day Dad! Love ya buddy.

·
Official Retired Person
7,332 Posts
This is absolutely, positively, bar-none, the best thread ever.

My father would bring home non-running motorcycles (among other items "of interest") and my brother and I would work on them. Never failed to get them running again. Dad usually rode each once or twice around the block. Each was sold to some deserving soul and my brother and I never complained. We don't have any pictures of any of them. My Dad and my brother are both gone now and I'm left with the most pleasant memories anyone could hope for.

Happy Fathers Day to all the Dads out there.

·
Registered
133 Posts
My dad long gone sadly was an avid rider in his youth. Many years later in his 60's he bought another. Too bad I wasn't into bikes then

·
Registered
222 Posts
What an awesome thread, and absolutely incredible pics. Obviously, a lot of us came by our obsession honestly...
I'm going to have to do some old-picture-album diving to see if I can find some of my dad to toss up here, too. :cool:

·
Registered
7,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #209
What an awesome thread, and absolutely incredible pics. Obviously, a lot of us came by our obsession honestly...
I'm going to have to do some old-picture-album diving to see if I can find some of my dad to toss up here, too. :cool:
looking forward to that
my dad never encouraged riding, thought it was just some crazy thing he did in his youth reminds me of the old saying...I didn't quit riding because I got old, I got old because I quit riding. As much as the pictures I just love the stories.

·
Registered
66 Posts
My dad rode his bike through Europe after the war. Here are a few grainy pictures. In memory of his passing, I was wondering if others had pictures of their dad on two wheels.
Very cool pictures from your Dad! My Dad purchased my first dirt bike at 6 years old because he wanted to pass the tradition to me.

·
Super Moderator
26,563 Posts
You sure? That's looks like a Suzuki X6 to me...jes sayin! Not my Pop! :D

I'm lovin the scenery in the background...57 Chevy Convertible, IH...nice!

·
The Dude
4,391 Posts
You sure? That's looks like a Suzuki X6 to me...jes sayin! Not my Pop! :D

I'm lovin the scenery in the background...57 Chevy Convertible, IH...nice!
That would make more sense since he owned a Hustler X6......I could swear it was black, though.

My memory fades, the photos speaks the truth.

Yeah, I ID'd the Chevy long before the bike.
:D

·
Registered
567 Posts
My dad past away 29 years ago and I'm sure there is a pic somewhere of him on his bike he had when young. I found this picture on the net as it was the same one he had. I remember he borrowed my old TL-125 back in the 70's to get around on the property lines. Wish I could've rode with him.

Attachments

·
Señor Member
8,189 Posts
My Dad was never a rider so no cool pictures of him like so many of you have. But next weekend, at the WCM, I will finally get to ride with my son, first time for us. He only recently bought a motorcycle. You can be sure I will have a lot of pictures and video of that moment. I've waited a long time for this occasion.

·
The Dude
4,391 Posts
Dad turned 80 in March. He sold his Ducati ST3, his Honda GB500, and his Honda pit bike and is left with one project bike he always wanted, a 1977 BMW R100RS.

He had a 1978 new (gold one in photo), but says he really preferred the 1977 back then. He's got it now, stripped it down and has done his usual award winning restoration work putting it back together.

It's becoming obvious to me that if you stay active doing what you love your mind stays sharp well into your golden years barring no major physical problems rob you of those faculties.

Carry on Dad, you inspire all of us young guys.

201 - 220 of 242 Posts