Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an intermittent problem with my 98 Monster 600. Every few starts, for no reason it just won't turn over. The dash lights are on, all the other electrics work and the battery is full charged. It just randomly won't start. Hot or cold, makes no difference.

I have checked the wiring on the starter button and it all looks good. At the moment I am leaning towards a faulty starter relay. When it won't start the relay won't even click. Clould it be that the low voltage side of it is faulty.

And this is probably a stupid question but if I do get stranded, does anyone know how easily a Monster 600 bump starts when the engine is warmed up? Maybe in 3rd gear?

·
Registered
729 Posts
Intermittent problems are hard to diagnose. Nuetral light is ON when it wont turn over - right? Flip the kill switch a few times to see if that changes anything. Does the starter relay click when it does not turn over? That will tell you where to start looking for the problem.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Do you have a yellow relay under your seat, along with other relays?

That yellow one may be the issue. Take off the relay's cover and burnish the contacts.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts