Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys help please! I have Ducati steer fighter 848 2012, was driving it and suddenly there was no power in the engine and the orange check engine light went on! Parked the bike as side switched off tried to turn it back on but it didn’t work! Sent it to the mechanical and after investigation he told me (Electricity isn’t reaching there spark plugs and you have a problem with the equalizer!!!) any idea
Thanks

·
Registered
56 Posts
From the flag shown, I'm guessing you are from the UAE so it might be a 'translation' error.

Is it part of an anti-theft system? Or it could be the engine ECU (electrical control unit) though I'm unsure how the engine spark is controlled on these. Being a 2012 model, it could be, and probably is, a spark control module error of some sort.

I had a car with a "coil on plug" ignition system to generate the spark. When one went out on my V8 engine, it sounded horrible but with 7 other cylinders working it wasn't as catastrophic as the engine quitting. I had lots of check engine lights and was concerned it was something catastrophic and fatal to my car but, a new spark lead with its new coil was a simple "plug it in" and start the car fix! For me, it was ~$80USD to get on the road again plus the diagnostic fee.

I hope your 'fix' turns out to be as simple as mine!

·
Bon Vivant
10,785 Posts
There are two known issues with the streetfighter that could cause this problem; If you have done any work on the licence plate holder and or turn signals any short or miss-wire there will cause problems with spark - might blow a fuse I dont remember the exact thing that happens but if you've done any wiring ib the tail section I'd look at that first. also check the ground wire on the ECU that tends to come loose and the bike wont run. The last thing to check and is very common is the fuel line inside the tank, these are known to come off the pump and will not get fuel to the engine.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts