Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have added SpeedyMoto front and rear axle sliders, in addition to a frame slider, for my S. The frame slider did a good job of minimizing damage in a low side from a hole in a country road.

Now, though, my Ducati rear lift is not a fit. I would appreciate suggestions for any rear lifts that would work with the sliders, or another suggestion to raise the bike for cleaning and lubes. I have a Sears lift, square, but don't want to hassle with tie-downs. Suggestions for quick and easy lifting (yes, i could also unscrew the slider). Thanks.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Sorry to hear about your low side. I have the same slider set up and would like to know of rear stand options as well.

·
Registered
206 Posts
It seems like you have a couple of options.

First, you could get a dual-armed stand meant for spools, like this Pitbull stand. This assumes the sliders can be used as replacements for spools.

The problem with that solution is that you couldn't remove the wheel if you had to. It would be for chain oiling/wheel cleaning, etc only.

The better solution is the 1098 reversible stand, which would mean you'd have to remove one slider, but ultimately it would be more versatile. Depending on how easy the sliders are to remove this might be the way to go.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Speedymoto rear axle sliders are also spools which will work perfectly with the dual armed rear stands but I think they also have standard ones that are not spools so make sure yours are the spool shaped ones. As mmoore stated though, for wheel removal you would want a single sided stand specific for the SF. Removing sliders are no problem, just one bolt to remove as you know from putting them on. No more often than you are likely to take the rear tire off it wouldn't be any big deal to remove them if necessary. I am getting a dual sided stand for routine maintenance and whenever I want to get the tire off the floor which is much more often than removing the tire.

http://www.speedymoto.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=10-0207&Category_Code=AXE

1 - 4 of 4 Posts