Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

Bike of the Decade

4K views 11 replies 10 participants last post by  John 
#1 · (Edited)
2003 ST4s.

Attachments

See less See more
#11 ·
Given how bloated sport touring bikes have gotten the ST4 seems like a great candidate for ST 'botd'... 500lbs is featherweight by today's standards (which are averaging in the 800lb range).

I don't think there's such thing as an overall bike of the decade... to much of an individual thing. For me I'd never trade my Multi in for a sport tourer, might have a lightweight ST alongside the Multi... but If I had to sell one it wouldn't be the Multi going out the door.

Reactions: flynbulldog
#12 ·
I have to agree the gray and red livery on the ST was striking, was actually looking for one, or any ST for that matter but at the same time, I included the Multistrada as well. That was back in 2009 and unfortunately, the MTS came available first when a dealer wanted to trade his nice S model MTS straight across for my 916. I made the deal and it was the worst thing I did. I let my upgraded 95 go for a bike that was never happy with. I thought I could use it for "sport touring" but the wind blast and lack of comfort nixed that idea and that was after trying three different windshields, seat, and rear sets. I gladly sold it under a year later and typically, I dumped upgrade money into it prior to the sale. I think I would have been happy with the ST, it would have certainly changed my choice of bikes subsequently.

I never could get used to the idea Ducati combining the MTS as a dual purpose touring and sport touring machine, thus not having to find a replacement for the ST. As others have said, if Ducati would have put some thought into a redesigned ST, I believe it would have been a beautiful and successful bike. Since then they have put out a range of bikes all over the board when the platform for an advanced ST was already available.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.