Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, good afternoon and thanks for having me here.

I'm David Batchelor, a journalist with the UK's best-selling motorcycle magazine - BIKE.

We're looking for a 2009 Streetfighter owner to give us his or her impressions of their machine.

Specifically, if you could PM me with your thoughts on the Streetfighter's anti-spin / traction control - and how the bike itself compares to your last machine then you'll earn our undying gratitude.

Ideally we'd also like to know whether you think the traction control lives up to the hype / your expectations / the price tag, too. And, I guess, the question is...do you ever use it?

There are no prizes - just our undying gratitude and a mention in the next issue.

We also need a passport-style picture, but I'll give you my e-mail address when I respond to the PM.

Thanks for help and best wishes,

Dave B

(PS - as usual we're in a tearing hurry...ie before Friday 4th Sept)

·
IHMC Est. 2010
2,017 Posts
Sure, ask for our help after you place it below the Super Duke, Tuono, and Speed Triple in a "back road brawl". :mad:

Although no pictures of me exist other than my avatar, I will tell you that I have been setting DTC off. Why, well, I really don't ride quite hard enough in the corners to use it and leave the rainy days for those who like dirty bikes.

I have found that even on DTC 3 my nuts were getting crushed when Ducati's Testicle Crusher would drop the front end from an acceleration wheelie faster than you could possibly brace for the blow.:eek: I now find my wheelies uninterrupted and have not found an extreme loss of traction.

Hope that helps a bit.:D

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
I am more interested in why you made no mention of the poor fueling. Or did you have a "perfect" bike?

·
IHMC Est. 2010
2,017 Posts
I am more interested in why you made no mention of the poor fueling. Or did you have a "perfect" bike?
The fueling is a bit annoying. I had no issues before 1000km, then I started to notice it. The re-flash only helped by about 30%. Compared to my Buell XB12S, it is super smooth...

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
sorry Freezer..... I was addressing the question to DBRG... my error.

·
The Engineer (Tell your mom hey)
1,642 Posts
I like the DTC. The majority of the time it kicks in for me is the top end of the rev ranges usually in 1st 2nd and 3rd (the tires would be spinning and if I am leaning back on the bike it actually lifts the front tire without the DTC kicking in)
I also like it in the corners. There are a few corners I can take and use the dtc in.. it's fun.

worth the extra cost?.. partially but the extra cost was for the wheels, suspension, and color too, not just the DTC... OH and the babes.. babes dig the S :)

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Guido .... showoff!:D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts