Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After several modifications (new front spring + appropriate damping modifications, QD exhaust + Rexxer mapping, Aviacompositi rear seat cover and wind shield, CNC Racing shifters and some more) my Multi is now ready with the new mounted Brembo mono blocks!

Now its a Multistrada 1200 Superbike ;-)! Love It!

·
Registered
532 Posts
Nice bike, its regrettable you guys have to have that barn door of a license plate over there. How does the exhaust/re-flash work?

·
Registered
112 Posts
Very Nice Orish. I'm sold on the Aviacompositi rear seat cover. I need one of those. Drool.
Next you gotta look at powder coating your belly pans. Looks great!

·
Registered
106 Posts
I really like that exhaust. Were the monblocks made for the multi? Or they off of something else like 1198?

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Tastefully done. Yeah how are the monoblocks. Notice a big difference?

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks Guys!

@Warrior102: I am very happy with the QD - it saves weight, the sound is louder and deeper and the re-flash let me drive the Multi without surging down to 2000 revs in 3rd/4th gear.

Regarding the monoblocks - here in Germany its cold and wet autumn - had some hours of sun and 8° Celsius on sunday to drive. The brake has new pads and my dealer said it will take about 100km till the real effect takes on. What I noticed on the small and careful (streets sometimes wet) sunday trio was, that the pressure point of the monoblocks is quite harder and clearer which I really like. The pure power of the monoblocks I couldn't test because the road conditions were not appropriate.

The monoblocks are from a 1198S.

@CRYA: You definitely need the Aviacompositi cover ;-) - if you hold it in your hand, feel the extreme light weight - like a feather - and notice the craftsmanship and extraordinary quality...you will be satisfied.

What I forget to mention in my post above - I equipped the Multi with Marchesini forged rims and this saves a lot of weight(!) - which you immediately notice while handling and steering the bike. It is a big difference and one of my best investments into my Multi.

·
Premium Member
12,387 Posts
Some of the things I gave up on when down?up?Grading from the Hyper S:D:D:D

I thought the Multi S or touring should have had those good bits added Right from the get go...Rims and Mono blocs

Yeah the license plate sucks , and some guys in the States have to add stickers on the bike to be registered...

We have a tiny colour coded sticker (expirery date Month and year) that has to be added to the decently sized license plate to be legal...
Good advice to get the little bit of powder coating done....
Come on the bike deserves it now!!

·
Registered
112 Posts
@CRYA: You definitely need the Aviacompositi cover ;-) - if you hold it in your hand, feel the extreme light weight - like a feather - and notice the craftsmanship and extraordinary quality...you will be satisfied.
Do you find when you swing your leg over the bike that you hit or "kick" the cover? I've got a short inseam and notice that sometimes I hit my seat. Just wondering if it's obtrusive and how well it will stand up to a few accidental scuffs.

·
Super Moderator
5,876 Posts
rear "bumper" removal question

Your bike looks great.

I noticed you got rid of that guard over the rear tire. Any downside to that? It looks so much better I'm tempted to take it off but I also ride in all conditions so wondering if I'd end up extra muddy/wet without it.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Your bike looks great.

I noticed you got rid of that guard over the rear tire. Any downside to that? It looks so much better I'm tempted to take it off but I also ride in all conditions so wondering if I'd end up extra muddy/wet without it.
Beauty versus dirt on your back :) - I choose the beauty!

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Do you find when you swing your leg over the bike that you hit or "kick" the cover? I've got a short inseam and notice that sometimes I hit my seat. Just wondering if it's obtrusive and how well it will stand up to a few accidental scuffs.
Yes, you are right...I kicked it several times the first times...but you get used to it quick...the cover can stand it and you will adapt ;)!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts