Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, I recently replaced the CLIP ON HANDLE HORN SIGNAL SWITCH BOX (one with the choke lever) on my 2004 999, everything seemed fine until this morning at a bike meet up I noticed the bike starting revving just by turning the handle bars to the right at a red light while stationary, after fiddling with it I realized the box that houses the horn signals and the turn signals also is a place for cutch cable and that damned choke lever. I loosened the screws on the box and adjusted it so the clutch cables had some slack and the revving at sharp right turn stopped but then the bike would revv high again just by me moving the clutch cable up and down. smh

Question. what can i do to make it um STOP. and is it possible to eliminate the choke lever all together.

needless to say had to cancel the meet up and been trying to figure out the issue since

please assist

thank you

·
Super Moderator
26,464 Posts
Yes, you can remove it as it's not really a choke, just a fast idle lever, handy for a deadmans cruise control, too.
There's an adjustment at the linkage end on the engine as well, maybe you need a little slack there. Be sure the cable housing is seated and everything else is copacetic.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes, you can remove it as it's not really a choke, just a fast idle lever, handy for a deadmans cruise control, too.
There's an adjustment at the linkage end on the engine as well, maybe you need a little slack there. Be sure the cable housing is seated and everything else is copacetic.
yes thank you, friend of mine disconnected the lever all together. I tucked it under the fork and havent had an issue since.

Thank you the info

1 - 5 of 5 Posts