Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
I suspect that your problem may be with the fuel pressure regulator, allowing too much fuel through to the injectors, and to pressurise the fuel tank.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
I don't think spark plugs alone will cure your issue. I suspect something else, but at least you're able to dig in and do some things yourself and save $$$$. We'll help if you get stuck.
i don't know it's odd, after swapping them out it runs smooth.... i'll leave it for now and see how it runs for a while. right now i wanna fix the fuel leak issue

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
I suspect that your problem may be with the fuel pressure regulator, allowing too much fuel through to the injectors, and to pressurise the fuel tank.
ok update! motorcycle runs AMAZING after i installed new spark plugs. at low rpm it's SOO smooth, before in 1st gear at 3k rpm i felt so many hickups. not it's buttery smooth. lower cilinder sounds much better and healty,

i'm SO happy i didn't take it to the mechanic, they would've charged me so much money by checking unnecessary stuff (also, i removed the restriction for the memes, god this bike is fast, it hits 200km/h in no time, i went 200 for the first time in my life today, i was hanging on for dear life to the motorcycle and the wind wanted to take my head off, what a thrill :) motorcycles are bloody amazing, i wish my wife stopped complaining about me having 3 motorcycles and not having a car lol.

so, we are down to one issue now!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
The 620 is the best belt engine - in my opinion!
it really is an amazing engine when it works, finally everything works smooth, jeez this thing has some acceleration, hitting 160km/h in no time. it feels unreal coming from a 125 4stroke

almost makes you wanna smash idiot's mirrors and take off like in those vids. i said almost, not trying to get a ticket xD

·
Registered
818 Posts
Hey Los_Serpent,

Glad to see you are getting your bike running better. I am surprised that no one has said this before but it might help you even more if you post this or future posts in the Monster section.

Monster

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
nope, fuel economy is still shit :( why??? everything seems fine.i've even looked inside the cylinder, there is some carbon build-up which is pretty normal...what's wrong with my girl? also spark plugs are kinda dark, but CO is good, (the bike runs smooth tho)

·
Registered
60 Posts
So it's running great, but using way too much fuel? Am I understanding you correctly? I'm having trouble understanding what the dyno sheet means based on the different numbers than I'm used to but according to this: Ducati Monster 620 ie those numbers aren't great. Based on my limited knowledge of these, the air/fuel line looks like you're running slightly rich, which would explain the poor fuel mileage. Also, how do you know what the cylinders look like? Are you using a bore scope on your phone or did you take off the heads? Also, you really should get your valves checked to get a baseline and to rule that out if you haven't done so already.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
So it's running great, but using way too much fuel? Am I understanding you correctly? I'm having trouble understanding what the dyno sheet means based on the different numbers than I'm used to but according to this: Ducati Monster 620 ie those numbers aren't great. Based on my limited knowledge of these, the air/fuel line looks like you're running slightly rich, which would explain the poor fuel mileage. Also, how do you know what the cylinders look like? Are you using a bore scope on your phone or did you take off the heads? Also, you really should get your valves checked to get a baseline and to rule that out if you haven't done so already.
Its running good i guess. I mean. I've never known anything else since that's how I got it, but as far as my knowledge goes, It runs good. The mechanic told me it's just very very slightly off but still good... I used a bore scope..

BTW today I had an accident, broke my foot, dude rammed into me pretty much. Motorcycle is pretty fucked. The lad is lying too, he is 100% wrong but is lying. Might have to get my lawyer involved. What an absolute pain. What a disgusting human he is. He didn't even get the motorcycle off Me with me broken foot under, I had to scream at him to take it off me, got 2 witeness tho. Hopefully everything goes OK and I get my baby girl fixed (yeah, just like every rider, I care more about my girl than my foot lol)

·
Registered
6,263 Posts
Same thing happened to me last time I went down. I had a crowd around me saying “ Don’t move him” while I’m saying “ Please, just someone pull the bike off of me !”

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
yesterday i was kinda fine, today i woke up, everything damn hurts, my neck, my side, my back, my legs, my arms. he really did a number on me, he was driving like a maniac and hit me very hard considering how far my motorcycle ended up from his car...

had i had a gopro, this guys would never see a driving license again

21 - 36 of 36 Posts