Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just thought that I would give all you hyper guys a heads up about something in the latest issue of Cycle World. Its a "6.4 gallon High capacity fuel tank from California Cycle Works. Sold as part of kit that includes a replacement starter cable , custom air filters, hardware, and instructions."

www.ca-cycleworks.com

·
You're gonna love my nuts...
1,658 Posts
:think:

·
Registered
400 Posts

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Sweet, finally someone listened!
I may order 2 to get even more before fueling!

·
Premium Member
486 Posts
Did you guys hear that Ducati is coming out with a street bike that's part supermoto and part superbike? They're calling it the "Hypermotard".

b

·
Registered
377 Posts
Wow!!! Can't someone be nice and give a heads up? The guy was trying to do a good thing....

·
Registered
401 Posts
Big tank

I purchased one of these tanks through my local Ducati dealer and it is just great. I installed it myself. It took about five hours to take the old one out and five hours to put the new one in. It took that long because I wanted to ready the instructions carefully, there are parts you do not put back and new parts you put on so I did not want to make an error. Additionally I wanted to be able to write an article for our club magazine "Desmo Leanings". If I were to do it again I could do it in half the time.

The tank is not something you paint because the Hypermotard has body panels that go over it so when you are done it looks like if did before you started. The only way you can tell it is there is if you look behind the steering head and see the opening for the air box is gone and replaced with the smooth surface of the new tank. You can also get down on one knee and look at where the battery was located on the left rear of the old tank and what you see now is Cycleworks decal and the extra tank area. The battery now lays on its back on top of the tank and under the seat.

I have no problems to speak of with the installation. Just a few items that were not mentioned for reinstallation but when you look at the left over parts it is clear where the two or three of them go. The first fill up was a shock it as five and a half gallons. I rode 170 miles and the light never came on so I would say it is perfect. The extra gas is around the roll center of the bike so I did not feel it in the handling so I would say it was well worth the money. Hey it was about one third the price of an high performance exhaust that I will actually use the extra horse power twice if I take it to a track day. The peace of mind provided by the tank will be there every ride.

Now my only problem is the seat is not a 170 mile seat. Anyone have a good seat they have found. I am currently running a DP low gel comfort seat and find it is too high in the center and irritates my plumbing. :eek:

Jim
il Capo
US DESMO
www.usdesmo.com

·
Registered
2,666 Posts
Hey, Don't give the guy a hard time.

Didn't you read the description under his name, it says he's a "Senior" member.

It's not nice to pick on old people. That could be you someday....

Dave

·
Registered
670 Posts
Now my only problem is the seat is not a 170 mile seat. Anyone have a good seat they have found. I am currently running a DP low gel comfort seat and find it is too high in the center and irritates my plumbing. :eek:

Jim
il Capo
US DESMO
www.usdesmo.com
I am waiting for my DP low gel comfort seat because I think the stock is not comfi enough, so am I doing a mistake, how much more comfortable is it in comparaison to the stock seat?
Check out the Sargent seat, there is a thread about it...

·
Registered
33 Posts
I am waiting for my DP low gel comfort seat because I think the stock is not comfi enough, so am I doing a mistake, how much more comfortable is it in comparaison to the stock seat?
Check out the Sargent seat, there is a thread about it...
It's like a couch to watch TV. Made 500 alps-miles/day and was still ok.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Wow!!! Can't someone be nice and give a heads up? The guy was trying to do a good thing....
It was a good "heads up" albeit a bit late!:p Thanks DUCATIHIBBZ!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts