Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
For anyone interested, I've updated my "rides" site with pix from this weekend's ride to Big Sur.

Initially it was going to be LA-Duc, my friend Laurent, and me, but LA-Duc's bike broke down in Malibu with some sort of electrical problem, (per his earlier post)... Laurent and I kept going.

Justin my brother: you were missed. We will be doing this exact stretch again in 3 1/2 weeks, so be ready!

give it a second to load:

http://web.me.com/davidgjourdan/DJRides/Ride_Reports/Pages/Big_Sur_09.html

cheers!
D.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Great photos and well put together... makes me wish we were heading further South. See you guys soon!

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Great photos and well put together... makes me wish we were heading further South. See you guys soon!
you guys should! Carmel is only 50 miles south of SC, and it's the begining of the the big sur ride, which is only good for another 90 miles or so. So you're only talking 280 miles round trip, more than feasible in 1 day! As a matter of fact, you can't come to SC without planing to ride big sur, it's a requirement! :D

the road south of Morro Bay isn't that interesting, save for the Santa Ynez stretch, but that's riddled with CHiPs.

I recommend Saturday over Sunday, there are less cars.

we are riding up that way on Friday while you guys are coming down...

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Thanks for the suggestion and encouragement. Lee will be pretty comfortable on his bike because he has the bar risers, but my butt, arms and neck will be the limiting factor.. getting to Santa Cruz on the 1000S is going to be interesting to say the least. I would love to do this if I feel good... (yeah yeah I know.... old women like me shouldn't complain!)

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the suggestion and encouragement. Lee will be pretty comfortable on his bike because he has the bar risers, but my butt, arms and neck will be the limiting factor.. getting to Santa Cruz on the 1000S is going to be interesting to say the least. I would love to do this if I feel good... (yeah yeah I know.... old women like me shouldn't complain!)
I find the SC to be uncomfortable after a while in fast, straight roads... but Big Sur is a 75mph average ride, with 25mph low on hair-pins and 110 in short straightaways. Tons of twisties... There are many great places to stop and rest. You should go for it. Just drink a few beers or smoke a joint to relax in the evening... ;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts