Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im having a pivot rocker made up for my 848 swingarm onto a 996 conversion dose anyone know what grade of alli ducati use for this aplication?

my machinist has a block of 6082t6 do you think this is up to the job?
also do they hard anodise the pivot rockers?

any help with this would be great :D

and if any of you have done this already what grade ally did you use?

thanks for helping

·
Premium Member
5,395 Posts
im having a pivot rocker made up for my 848 swingarm onto a 996 conversion dose anyone know what grade of alli ducati use for this aplication?
The stock pivot rockers are more likely than not forged from one of the 6000 series AL's, so assume ultimate tensile strength to be in the 42-47 Ksi range for those with a T6 temper.

my machinist has a block of 6082t6 do you think this is up to the job? also do they hard anodise the pivot rockers?
That will most likely work fine... although a quick search for aftermarket pivot rockers would seem to indicate that 7075 is the most popular material when doing a replacement other than OEM. FYI, 7075 with the same T6 temper has an ultimate tensile strength almost double that of the 6000 series AL's.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok thankyou prophet,

i did see that some nas-cars use 6061t6 on there suspention rockers.

but duely noted thankyou

now for the hard anodising do they or dont they?

·
Premium Member
5,395 Posts
ok thankyou prophet,

i did see that some nas-cars use 6061t6 on there suspention rockers.

but duely noted thankyou

now for the hard anodising do they or dont they?
I do not believe the OEM pivot rockers are anodized, but they are forged so the surface finish is going to be different than one which is machined. If you are asking my opinion, sure, I would probably have it clear anodized. Shot peening would be another way to go, and would give a surface texture more like an that of a forged/cast component.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts