Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was wondering if anyone has installed the 1078 big bore kit by Ferracci and what improvements they experienced?

·
Registered
28 Posts
i have a 1078BB kit installed but it's from ducati. the normal kit which fitted on the stock 1100cc bikes.
i've posted dyno results in the "post your dyno" thread

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
If you do a search, you'll find a bunch of posts from me about my experience with the kit. It's a great deal. I've got 34K miles on my bike. I installed the kit at about 10K. I'm very happy with it, and the other mods that went along with it...:D

·
Registered
3,032 Posts
I'll post here in case anyone else wants the info. Here are some of the options available (there are actually quite a few more believe it or not!).

102 Piston kit complete with custom cast cylinders, wrist-pins and gaskets $1,995

Other options:
Titanium Connecting Rods (F1 Quality - pair) $3,120
Titanium Valve Kit (intake and exhaust) $1,157
Valve collets, shims, valve seats and guides $600
NCR Corse Cams (Pair) $1,018
NCR Corse Stroker Crankshaft from billet (F1 type) $3,995
Complete Engine - New $4,995
Head Porting and Valve replacement $995
Assembly of kit and fly cutting of engine cases $1,455
Titanium Fastener Kit (engine) $645

·
Registered
3,032 Posts
The NCR kit is good for 140hp at the crank 123.9hp and 78.6ft lbs of torque at the rear wheel! It'll rip your arms off for sure. I've got some graphs if anyone is interested to see them.

The bike that put these numbers out started at 78.6hp from a Termi slip-on and ECU.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Dr. D your selling the Falco?

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
I'll post here in case anyone else wants the info. Here are some of the options available (there are actually quite a few more believe it or not!).

Complete Engine - New $4,995
Can you elaborate on "complete engine"? all the parts listed add up to at least twice that amount... are you talking about a stock complete engine?

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Dr. D your selling the Falco?
I was. I had a shot at a bike on the DNW forum that I really wanted. Missed out on the deal. Now I'm not sure if I want to part with it or not.

Now, back to the regular programming for this channel:

Most sports/PS bikes with Termi's and ECU were getting around 88 rwhp. I wonder if the guys that built the NCR equipped bike didn't put quite as much effort into obtaining good pre-NCR numbers so that the post-kit numbers would look more impressive:think: Naw, they wouldn't do that...

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Anthony; can you also answer;
1. Does the piston kit alone make the 1120 cc?
2. What capacity does the stroker kit for the crank produce? ( I assume you are increasing the stroke)
3. What capacity are the Ti conrods for?
4. When you say; "he NCR kit is good for 140hp at the crank 123.9hp and 78.6ft lbs of torque at the rear wheel!" I assume this requires all of the engine work and parts you list correct? (naturally the Ti fasteners not needed but what about the collets etc)
5. Don't suppose NCR supplied you with a power curve for this motor configuration by any chance???
6. Also what exhaust was used for this power output and what engine mapping system?
Thanks in advance

·
Registered
3,032 Posts
Can you elaborate on "complete engine"? all the parts listed add up to at least twice that amount... are you talking about a stock complete engine?
Complete Engine refers to a complete NEW engine - with no modification. This would be for someone who doesn't want down time - build the brand new motor with the NCR kit and swap it out in a day then sell the original engine or keep it.

·
Registered
3,032 Posts
Anthony, the 102 kit, will that make 1120cc?

Also how much power do you think that kit alone would make?
The 102mm piston kit takes it to 1145 or 1154 if I'm not mistaken.

It is NOT suggested to do the kit without the Ti rods for fear of the stock rods not being able to handle the power increase. NCR said they've built some motors with the stock crank (though it was knife edged, polished, balanced, etc...), Ti rods and the 102 kit. So the power isn't going to be much different. I'll post a graph in a bit.

Nobody that I know of has built one without using the cams though.

·
Registered
3,032 Posts
1. 1145 or 1154, I'd have to calculate it to be sure.
2. 1194 with the crank.
3. Ti rods are required for use on either just the pistons or pistons and crank! The stock rods aren't to be trusted with the power :D
4. Yep, those numbers are based off of the mods listed - as performed by NCR.
5. Power curve will be posted in a minuet - I've got to upload it.
6. Exhaust is full Titanium by ZARD and ECU is a bit from NCR as well which we can supply or we can accomplish the same with Nemesis. I've already got a 1200cc base map ready to go for further development :)

Anthony; can you also answer;
1. Does the piston kit alone make the 1120 cc?
2. What capacity does the stroker kit for the crank produce? ( I assume you are increasing the stroke)
3. What capacity are the Ti conrods for?
4. When you say; "he NCR kit is good for 140hp at the crank 123.9hp and 78.6ft lbs of torque at the rear wheel!" I assume this requires all of the engine work and parts you list correct? (naturally the Ti fasteners not needed but what about the collets etc)
5. Don't suppose NCR supplied you with a power curve for this motor configuration by any chance???
6. Also what exhaust was used for this power output and what engine mapping system?
Thanks in advance

1 - 20 of 63 Posts