Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Yep, read that on Superbikeplanet earlier and wasn't too surprised. I was never really a fan of Biaggi but like him or not, he's a great rider especially for Aprilia. I got a chance to meet him a few years ago at Miller Motorsport Park during a WSBK race and he was very accommodating and approachable which took me by surprise. He'll be missed by the sport.

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Max's career arc has taken him from a 4-time 250cc world champ, to a GP also-ran, to a MotoGP outcast and pariah. He took his lumps and served his exile in WSBK, eventually rising with Aprilia's V4 revolution to dual championships.

The hard hearts and long memories of the GP powers-that-be were not going to let him back in, but Max got his pride back on Supers, and now he's leaving on top. As a great rider and a much-improved public personality.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Nooooooooo!!!!

First Sandy, then the election, now this. I guess bad things do happen in three's.

He will be missed.

·
9,757 Posts
Hahahaha good riddance I say. The guy was the racing equivalent of Gargamel.

Normally very reserved Yamaha MotoGP race boss Lin Jarvis jokes now that the stress of having Jorge Lorenzo and Rossi under the same garage roof for multiple seasons was nothing compared to just one season of Max Biaggi. Seething with anger and frustration, Biaggi would call his crewchief, Erv Kanemoto, at home in the middle of the night, trying to vent it all out. More than once, Erv was sleeping and Erv's father, Harry, then something north of 80 years old, answered the phone. Biaggi would seethe and vent, either not knowing or caring that it was Harry, not Erv, on the other end of the phone.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
9,757 Posts
^every person we criticize in the roadrace section can ride circles around us... that's not the point.

Who'd you vote against this week? I bet he's more educated and has more money than you. Doesn't mean you can't criticize him.

People in the spotlight lend themselves to criticism. Polarizing opinions is part of being a public figure, regardless of whether or not that person is better than you at that which makes them famous.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
269 Posts
^every person we criticize in the roadrace section can ride circles around us... that's not the point.

Who'd you vote against this week? I bet he's more educated and has more money than you. Doesn't mean you can't criticize him.

People in the spotlight lend themselves to criticism. Polarizing opinions is part of being a public figure, regardless of whether or not that person is better than you at that which makes them famous.
This.exactly.

Skills are one thing, proper behavior and sportsmanship are another...

Σωστός... :D

·
Premium Member
4,872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
So long Biatchi hahahaha :D

Well written (below) but this ^^^ is not criticism, that's something else, just saying...
Is Max a whiny bitch? Yes, at times, when he took Rossis spot at Honda and got spanked
by VR on that unridable Yamaha in a very first race must admit I was gloating,

·
Premium Member
8,762 Posts
Nooooooooo!!!!

First Sandy, then the election, now this. I guess bad things do happen in three's.

He will be missed.
Rather this than one who makes a living out of lying, not providing a plan of anything, embarrassing us abroad, flip flopping from conservative to liberal, refuses to divulge tax returns, never served but made good as a Vietnam cheerleader then escaped to France when the draft came knocking on a Morman religious deferment (I enlisted he didn't so hes a chump in my opinion and so are his able bodied sons). I hate liars and he was the biggest one of all and the media gave him a pass. He loved to talk tough about the Chinese, but they were his best business contacts by sucking up the equity of a USA based company and leaving the employees high and dry with nothing then sending it all overseas. Just because he made money in vulture capitalism doesn't mean he could fix the economy like many naive people thought. The whole world is in the toilet, pretty tough to outshine everybody.

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
^^^^^^^^Biaggi's a Mormon?!?!:D I for one like Biaggi he was a major talent and a villain we loved to hate. I think he did the smart thing and got out at the right time.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts