Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Hi everyone, just wanted to report some fraudelent activity from one of the forum members here... I ve already been tricked into one of his schemes, so don't want anyone else fall into this. I bought from him an ECU... it supposed to be DP ECU but it turned out to be stock. He insisted it was DP but it wasn't... I asked him to trade back, but he insisted I should send him the ECU first, than he would return money. I was reluctant to send him the ECU because he tricked me once and I didn't want it to happen again. But, after some time I reported it to my bank and the police, sent him back the ECU and now he says exactly what I expected... that I sent him back not the ECU he sent me... he refuses to send me back either ECU or the money. So now its time for police to take on the action.

His name is [name and address removed. If the alledged scammer is actually convicted, then post the information of the conviction, otherwise it's all hearsay]

His nickname was "buggsz24" but since he tricked me he either changed it or deleted his profile from the forum or whatever... anyway all his messages now show numbers as his nickname.

His e-mail is [removed, see above] and he works at [removed, see above].. I think.

So beware of this guy! He is a scam! [this has not been proven and is opinion]

·
Registered
331 Posts
That is so aggravating. Why do people think it's ok to do this kind of shit? Hopefully he gets what's coming to him.

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Anyone live near him and wonna go see "why" he did this and pick up the money at the same time, just take 1 or 10 of your mates along for the ride.

I am sure there would be other goodies that could be retrieved as payment too, underground justice works well when our system doesn't!!

·
Premium Member
12,362 Posts
What ever happened to Trust and ones word and to seal the deal a hand shake? POS!
Especially among our own , If selling a part maybe mark it with a scratch or something permanent in a unseen spot?

I bought my Property which I built my house on a Promise and a see you on that date , never even crossed my mind that the guy wouldn't come thru...

I agree with Monstaman...send big Luigi over there ,put the squeeze on him , let him know others are watching him.....

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
unfortunately there is people that are not honest out there just stay the hell out of our ducati community!i hate crooks!

·
Registered
290 Posts
Thanks for the heads up as I am looking for an ECU. Hope it ends well for you. At least you have his address....

·
Banned
8,181 Posts
Anyone live near him and wonna go see "why" he did this and pick up the money at the same time, just take 1 or 10 of your mates along for the ride.

I am sure there would be other goodies that could be retrieved as payment too, underground justice works well when our system doesn't!!
wait a minute?... are you part of that underground vigilante squad reported on the BBC and CNN that is terrorizing the hinderlands of a small island country in the south pacific... a squad known to ride black hypermotards (badly) into towns wearing nothing but New Zealand flag string bikini bottoms? I heard of you guys... experts in motorcycle parts retrieval fee-for-service jobs right?

nice! so do you come to the U.S. as well? Someone ripped an AGIP sticker off my bike and I want it back badly!

·
Registered
39 Posts
You know what's really laughable about this situation? Your not only dumb enough to try and pull this crap, but you insist on making it public.

Here goes. Termi ECU straight from the dealer is sent to this guy, box only opened for ebay photo. Min. after the package is delivered he emails me and says its not a DP ECU because his bike still runs like crap. He not only wants to keep the ECU he already has, but he wants me to either send a him a cashiers check (totally untraceable) or send money to a "friends" paypal account who would then send the money to him.

I contacted paypal to see what they advised and they said if it went to dispute resolution they would require him to send it back to me before they issued a refund. So I suggested that he contact paypal and follow the dispute process.

Now three weeks later he sends me an ECU that is not only dirty, but shows obvious signs of the original stickers being peeled off and replaced with the stickers on the ECU I sent him. Well I've got his stock ECU and he wants a refund for a DP ECU. I told him that he was up the creek if thought he was getting money back to fund this crap he's trying to pull.

And understand I've already spent $50 to send it to Russia, and now he want's me to fork out another $50 to send his ECU back. Think not. I will wait until the whoever he has contacted has contacted me and then I will hand them the ECU and they can decide what to do with it.

·
Registered
2,735 Posts
Tough call. Who to believe.

One the one hand, you have the supposed victim relating his tale of woe for the sake of others. Makes you think he is legit........unless, that is his ploy.

On the other hand, you have the supposed evil doer, who claims the he is the one being duped. His story just as realistic and possible as the other's.

The fact the "victim" came out to save other folks from the wrath, this is common. On the other hand (3 hands??.....whatever), it is not common for the supposed "doer of evil" to come out, even if he is defending his actions, against an obvious biased crowd, ballsy, unless that is his ploy.

Tough call. Maybe the moderators can trace the history of both these blokes and shed some light on the story.

Where's my popcorn???

Dave

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.