1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
No i'm not selling my Hypo but I was selling my sons trail bike

While this was on an Australian internet bike sales site
I believe the bottom feeder practise is world wide

Basically you advertise your bike on a web site then shortly after you receive an inQuiry a few days later telling you

They are in the navy and they want your bike just send your "well know online credit account email address " including details and your home address to organise the pick up . and thats it the "deals done".

Even going to the trouble of linking you to sign up with "well know online credit account" preaching the advantages and safety online!

Some research found that the IPS address are bogus accounts in Asia

Don't send any details, its a well greased Scam #[email protected]% !!
particularly if they ONLY except the "well know online credit account"

My son was shattered he thought he had a firm sale

F^$^en bottom feeders

·
Registered
243 Posts
mmmm

just had exactly the same thing.selling my ktm( if anyone real is willing to buy it) to return to the fold, thought i had a seller, same scam.reported it to paypal etc etc.
what a waste of time.
wonder if its the same twat ( email wattscole..............)?

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
had something similar occur when trying to buy a used 1098s online the bike was listed in az but when i got email back from owner the bike was in new mexico.it was advertised for 13,900 with 1200 miles perfect condition.so then i left a contact # so he could reach me to arrange a viewing but he would just keep emailing me sayin the bike is perfect no need to see and if i wanted it he would take the $ down to 8500.then that raised a flag and then he just kept sending emails how he needed the $ for his honeymoon and i could give my credit card info to hold the bike and when it arrives if i didnt like it could get a full refund of the original $.YEA RIGHT! so yea there are lots of scams out there...BEWARE!:think:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts