Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do not waste your money on HDESA Tool axle socket, fucking garbage!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,504 Posts
WHATS IT MADE OF? AMOOLINUMBS?

·
Registered
110 Posts
What do you expect for an aluminum socket on those seized nuts? Pay the $4 extra and get yourself the steel one.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Mine seems to be a no name one but it has held up like a champ. Maybe its special aluminum. It was cheap enough to be "special" ?

·
Registered
463 Posts
Tough luck I guess. Never have had any issues with the tools I bought from them. Did you try to solve the issue with them?

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Tough luck I guess. Never have had any issues with the tools I bought from them. Did you try to solve the issue with them?
I asked the seller for a return and was denied.

·
Registered
621 Posts
Live and learn. For a nut that size, anything made of aluminum is an emergency use only tool. I own one for the large rear axle nut, bought the aluminum one on purpose because I don't want to carry a brick of steel around with me just in case some shop in the middle of nowhere doesn't have a 55mm double hex socket (they don't). It's worked passably the couple times I've needed to use it.

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
The guy's been a stand up seller in my limited experience. YMMV.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The reseller finally refunded my money. The aluminum one is not worth buying even for a road tool. If I'm stranded in the middle of nowhere I'll use a pipe wrench and worry about the nut later. Buy the steel one!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

1 - 11 of 11 Posts