Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's a simple question: what tyre pressures do you guys run?

I've just bought a pair of Conti radials for my 900 and Conti say to run standard factory pressures, however, what are they? I've always run my bevels on the pressures recommended to me by Avon for their tyres - 33 psi front and 36 psi rear, but the factory stated pressures are all over the place.

My 900S2 handbook gives 38 psi front and 42 psi rear; my Darmah workshop manual gives 29 psi front and 36 psi rear; the Haynes manual gives 34 psi front and 38 psi rear (1975) and 32 psi front and 33 psi rear (1976). Talk about misleading information! I reckon that something was lost in translation.

33 front and 36 rear seem to be about right, so I'll stick with what I've been using for thirty years.

·
Registered
2,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Right, after reading about pressures in the link, I started with 33 front and 36 rear; after a ride, I got hot pressures of 39F and 39R, so the front is spot on, but the rear needs to be reduced to try to get the recommended 20% increase from the cold pressure. I will go down to 34 on the rear and try that next time to see what the hot reading is.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts