Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went out for a ride today with a few mates on the bevels so took a few pics while we were out I rode the Hailwood today and found out very quickly the belly pan hits the ground very easy.

Attachments

·
Registered
21 Posts
If that threesome doesn't stop traffic, nothing short of Jessica Alba, Kate Beckinsdale and Charlize Theron in bikinis will! Very cool.

·
Registered
862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
WOW! there's a sight you aren't going to see in the US unless there's an event to bring them out.

Why wasn't the 75'SS in the line-up?

Looks like a fun day!

Like all good bevels the 75 had a electrical problem when we went to head out a live wire a wriggled it self on to the rear carb and made it live could of ended in disaster .

·
Premium Member
1,974 Posts
I'll repeat what has already been said before:

Beautiful

I would really like to have a MHR keeping my MHe company, but that seems to be well out of my reach.

Now I'm also going to show that I'm not an expert on Bevels: is that an original green-frame bike or a replica?

RonB

·
Registered
862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi Ron the green frame is the real deal it looks absolutely fantastic on the road it has the sweetest sounding motor ,he was able to buy it with all the original sales dockets it's a real gem and he dosn't mind using it either.

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
Like all good bevels the 75 had a electrical problem when we went to head out ...
Yeah, I remember when my '74 GT was dead the day of a big "all clubs" meet. Totally dead. Nothing. HAD to be electrical. Didn't have time to figure it out so took another bike instead. Looked at it a few days later and, um, yeah... they run better when the kill switch is set to "run". Started first kick once that was addressed.

Hi Ron the green frame is the real deal it looks absolutely fantastic on the road it has the sweetest sounding motor ,he was able to buy it with all the original sales dockets it's a real gem and he dosn't mind using it either.
That's awesome. I've only ever seen a true SS in the wild once, when I was in Italy for the Motogiro.

·
Registered
862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
We took these bikes out today in the Bay to Birdwood run we have here in Adelaide and the weather was wet and cold we had Andy who is a forum member here join us on his 75 900 ss it was fantastic riding through the Adelaide hills on the 75 750 ss (which belongs to the owner of the green frame) with a 74 750 ss and a 75 900 ss it sounded fantastic and the crowds seemed to love it .
I forgot my camera unfortunatly but the bikes looked fantastic parked together I would say it would be a rare site seeing these three bikes in one spot ,like I said it was a cold wet day and it was great to get home and warm up but it was worth it.

·
Tightly Clenched...
962 Posts
As an ex-Adelaide boy I feel safe in saying it has a high ratio of quality bevels in the population. If I didn't see one Ducati while I was riding in the hills it was a rare day! Those pics make me miss my 76 SS more than ever, riding with a good mate on his bevel in the hills there and the road through Wilmington to Quorn in the Flinders Ranges...great days, great days...

·
Registered
115 Posts
I took my '79 for a spin today as well. Some great roads around here although with lots of trees, minimal shoulders and limited visibility around curves the bike really needs to be thrown around. Great fun!

Bruce

·
Registered
242 Posts
We took these bikes out today in the Bay to Birdwood run we have here in Adelaide and the weather was wet and cold we had Andy who is a forum member here join us on his 75 900 ss it was fantastic riding through the Adelaide hills on the 75 750 ss (which belongs to the owner of the green frame) with a 74 750 ss and a 75 900 ss it sounded fantastic and the crowds seemed to love it .
I forgot my camera unfortunatly but the bikes looked fantastic parked together I would say it would be a rare site seeing these three bikes in one spot ,like I said it was a cold wet day and it was great to get home and warm up but it was worth it.
there will soon be 5

·
Registered
242 Posts
my 76ss should be ready-about january--shedpest's about the same time,with andy and his mate,u and your mate--thats 6---i'll be bringing my camera when that happens!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi Paul good catching up apart from the rain it was great day. Steve look forward to see your ss resto finished. Two week ago a few mates and I rode in a wedding here are some pics

·
Registered
115 Posts
forgot to say-hay bruce--hows the new wheels goin-----hope riding season is still open for you
Hey Steve,

The riding season is getting on here although the bike really works well at 10 C temperatures - but then you wouldn't know about that.

The new wheels fitted up beautifully and the new Pirelli Sport Demon tires work a treat. You should try them on your SS. You can actually almost toss the bike around.

I'm still thinking about changing mine back to the original black and gold. There's just too many pictures of those silver pills around.

Bruce

1 - 19 of 19 Posts