Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Qualifier: Yes, I searched for like threads already, most are 5+ years old and some inconclusive and/or lack photos now. I'm also wondering if there aren't more choices now with newer model releases.

One of the reasons I decided on the 796 was it had an adjustable front fork... which we all know now that it doesn't. So I'm looking for a reasonable solution to upgrade the forks...

As I understand it, the 1100/1100S (Showa/Ohlins, respectively) forks are basically a direct swap? Does this include the Evo models? How about the 1200? Although I would like the Ohlins, are the Showas a reasonable replacement vs the Ohlins, or is it a why bother?

Are there any other models that would swap in without major problems? I wouldn't mind juggling a few parts, but I don't want to have to fabricate.

I know about the GSXR fork swap, don't really want to go there unless I just have to.

Any other pointers or hints?

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
The OEM forks on my M1100 EVO were undersprung and when I had the bike it seemed that nobody had any aftermarket springs or forks for that bike. Maybe that has changed in the last few years, I don't have the Monster anymore though. Moved on to a Multistrada 1200 S and am pretty happy with the suspension on the Multi.

If you can I'd try to find a set of Ohlins forks off a 2009 1100 S but they will probably be pretty scarce and expensive. Great suspension though. Much better than the Sachs forks on the 1100 EVO.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The OEM forks on my M1100 EVO were undersprung and when I had the bike it seemed that nobody had any aftermarket springs or forks for that bike. Maybe that has changed in the last few years, I don't have the Monster anymore though. Moved on to a Multistrada 1200 S and am pretty happy with the suspension on the Multi.

If you can I'd try to find a set of Ohlins forks off a 2009 1100 S but they will probably be pretty scarce and expensive. Great suspension though. Much better than the Sachs forks on the 1100 EVO.
I've already looked a bit for just replacement springs... no dice.

Seems like a lot of ex-Monster owners went to a Multi. I need to go test drive one... before I dump a bunch of money into my 796.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts