Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Better Aftermarket Center Stand?

Lately when I hoist my bike up onto the center stand I notice the entire bike wobbles a bit because the center stand is flexing. It seems pretty sturdy once it is on the stand but all that flexing can't be good. Wondering if there are better aftermarket solutions that might be lighter and more rigid or just more rigid.

I've thought of removing it entirely but I like the convenience of using it to clean and adjust the chain plus the bike takes up less room in my garage when it is on the center stand. Besides, I don't think the side stand is much more stable and the bike leans over quite far when on the side stand.

I checked Altrider but they don't have a center stand for the Multistrada.

·
North Carolina, USA
3,320 Posts
Have you got a crack in the stand, or the mounts? Anything loose? My centerstand is solid as a rock, and I'm sure it's the same one you have...

Reactions: NorCalStrada

·
Resident Raggamuffin
9,716 Posts
i've employed the one from twisted throttle/sw motech? on one of my MTS's in the past......worked perfectly well......i think it was less obtrusive too......not cheap though.

·
Premium Member
876 Posts
I've seen those center stands. They have gussets in both directions. I would not worry about failure since the stress points are reinforced. A number of people have posted about the pivot bolts coming loose and also falling out. Not implying you wouldn't notice, but my side stand almost fell off before I noticed it.

·
Premium Member
257 Posts
Something can't be right. I use mine every time in the garage and have never noticed any form of flexing. It's solid as a rock.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts